AS: When is WGT going to fix it?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 1 2021 7:38 PM (69 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,909 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2021 12:01 PM

pdb1:

SamSpayed:
    Ability to have time to respond to an invite - After the white invite box disappears, just go to the main screen and look at the bottom for Invites (1)

Obviously I don't have any right now . But somewhere on the footer ?

That's correct, Paul.  If you have an active invite, the FRIENDS button at the bottom will change to INVITES (1).

• ranjet
    2,263 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2021 6:21 PM

jacktrade51:

So to continue ... I played an AS game tonight.  Also a few coin games.

In the latter, I can be offline and communicate with opponent without a problem.  In the former, I have to be online to chat with opps.  Why is 1 different than the other?

Also, offline in coin game, I do not get invites.

Online in AS I get invites.  I actually I got 2 that I had to turn down.  Offline in AS I cannot chat with other players.  So I have to choose between unwelcome invites (also wasting time of players inviting me), or not chatting in the AS game I am in?

Makes no sense, and ...

WHY THE DIFFERENT TREATMENT?

AS..offline .. with friends or random ops ?

.obvious its you setting up the match.to not be able to chat sounds odd especially in AS when its customery to do so.the lobby chat is open until the match starts can you communicate there beforehand ? Choose your partner..then no chat    

I've never experienced any chat issues of such,, unless the On/Off chat option the other end is in play.. .I can only guess three random ops blanked you which I very much doubt.. 

AS online.. Not obvious this time ,are you arranging or waiting for a friend invite? or random ops ?  

invites from friends whilst playing maybe half the reason in some stupid way...obvious your only available to them during a match.

.coin games default random ops not friends .although its possible to meet one.by chance ops selecting that coin room at the same time just like you going random in AS...

i only play 1 or 3 holers .chat option off(mostly).i refuse playing 9holes of fantasy golf to chase an upgrade.

its not like flash.. busy/red  ready/green-blue up to you.. The chat box I can't understand the size comparison to before.

Some of my friends use discord for AS and MS.solves any chat issues. 

I've a friend who can enquire deeper..has WGT replied to anyone on this..? 

You can't play or enjoy AS with no chat between 4 players...criminal

..turning down invites is rotten...   

. maybe wgt wants us to know your friend is up for a game regardless .you can't reply but play another game afterwards..if you were busy missing invites is possibly less golf..  = less $ you are spending.. 

Hmmm.  ⛳

• jacktrade51
    10,923 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2021 7:31 PM

I hate to go here publicly.  Paul gets great credit for the VOTCC country club and the spectacular website he created.  When I was a new club owner, I copied the link into his website into our forum.  And he remains on my friends list, plus I invited him to join Black Diamond GC if for no other reason to get free putter and shot pal.  So full respect.

But, he left WGT for a while and he is completely out of touch on the changes from Flash to PCEA.

I actually told him that in friends message, trying to keep the dispute private out of respect for a former club owner, but on he goes.  Sigh.  Not listening.  And that is messing up the serious discussions and commentary.

Tom.

• jacktrade51
    10,923 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2021 7:52 PM

So to go to the serious issues raised by ranjet1:

1, coin games are 1 v. 1, usually random.  One finds a partner, chat is fine.  We can be off-line starting a game.

2, AS doesn't work that way.  Sure, if I show off-line and 3 accept, we are good and I can talk to all of them.  But it does not really work that way.  Because of screw-up on blue-green-red (discussed above) and because WGT does not turn us to red (unavailable), we keep getting invites.

3. If I show off-line and invite, but someone else is on-line and sees my invite and wants to invite me back, they cannot do it.  So I have to be on-line.  Then if after we get the game, I go to off-line, in-game communication is killed.

The entire point is we had a good system and WGT broke it.  They have yet to admit they broke it, much less try to fix it.

Tom.

• joesadicker
    2,263 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2021 2:45 PM

When I mean will WGT fix games freezing UP    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie

• ranjet
    2,263 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2021 7:38 PM

No other choice..    spot on sir.

.I've learnt to laugh it off rather than get annoyed.disbelief and a sarcastic joke works better.ill not reflect or dwell too much at wgts failings.mood changing can spread to others and thats not fair or correct..

Go shoot a good number,enjoy it and forget waiting for WGT to pull there finger out..for sure there's a stack of improvements needed I could moan night and day on what im missing from last year(flash).. it is what it is..the hand your dealt..im not throwing years of devotion down the drain..Dec2020 I was moaning to my club companions and members regularly.club forum.pre warnings of my future conduct..my poor scores and lack of activity yet now im hitting sub 60's like before so im happy to prove myself wrong..

We either like it or lump it...deal with it and play on until they fix/correct your problem.. Until then don't let it distract or bug you too much. its out of our hands all we can do is express our thoughts/gripes to them regularly.

.failing that its a mass boycott/strike/walkout we need to kick start any solving of our problems rapidly.and that's highly unlikely. 

don't let them win, that's for you...your the winner out on the links..

Maybe a hidden agenda is stalling there actions.if it leaks money we won't get to see it...what seems an easy fix for us may not pay up for them...

for wgt Money talks, anything else walks...its a shame as we are their bread n butter,without us they have nothing..but us is a big number.100,000s,, millions .min $1 from each log in daily will not cause them to much disappointment as we have among us..

ball is in there court we're just bystanders.  .or is that buy/bye standards. Lol..

Keep grinding,improving and playing..waste less time waiting for these fat wallet snail's to sort something out..

Advice and helping each other stands tall and above them all.i admire everyone's ability to do that in these forum threads..thankyou..

Enjoy your golf and your friends... sink many and play well..

Good luck.

Ranj...

RSS