Forums

Help › Forums

Forfeiture and quitting the game

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 10 2021 12:33 AM (43 replies)
  • ChrisDeGarmo
    23 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2021 9:48 PM

I confess I did not read this entire thread. WGT is not going to publicly expose or punish people who disconnect. Because, disconnect. No software on the server side can detect whether or not a remote connection hit the X on their app or their internet crashed. Every single person exposed or punished would claim they didn't do anything - their internet just froze. All a remote connection can do is recognize that data is no longer streaming between client and server. It cannot know exactly why without downloading spyware onto your machine.

But I really came here to say...

pdb1:

Okay . Let me show you .

Click Here .

I am a former php-Nuke and phpBB integration programmer. I have made and modified hundreds of phpBB forums, and that forum linked is painfully stuck in the year 2000. That 'brightness of a thousand suns' yellow text on pitch black causes massive eye strain after about 2 or 3 sentences read. It's 2021. I'll just leave that there.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2021 12:31 AM

It might be a coincidence but the last couple of days , when playing in coin room, when the opposition forfeits , I am being awarded a gold apparel box. I know it happens sometimes to get one , but this has been every time. ( obviously only when I am doing my apparel ! )

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2021 5:37 PM

pdb1:

bossbird:

It might be a coincidence but the last couple of days , when playing in coin room, when the opposition forfeits , I am being awarded a gold apparel box. I know it happens sometimes to get one , but this has been every time. ( obviously only when I am doing my apparel ! )

I'm guessing that is just more of your uncanny " got it like thatnesses " Leslie . More power to ya .

I play a dozen coin games a day . The program has improved to where the forfeits are fewer and farther in between . .

But as I just sit there and watch whatever happens . It is still random after the " PAUSED FOR RECONNECTION " as to whom the forfeit will be awarded . It could be me for " NOT RETURNING IN TIME " . Lol when I didn't go anywhere .

Or it could be the opponent for whom it appears had initiated the reconnect . ( even that is in doubt as to what initiates the " PAUSED FOR RECONNECT " . Or if it is even initiated by a player at all . Just the program hiccupping and vomiting .

This happens one way or another to me at least 4 times a day . I have never received an apparel box as a result .

So just be glad that is how the program reacts to you .

When I am being awarded the gold box , it’s not when it says paused for reconnect , it is when it is just a forfeit , normally when the oppo , has failed to putt and thinks he knows I will get mine , and for some bizarre reason he just doesn’t want the stat of losing against his name . 
    oh , Paul I am glad , thanks , and i have no idea  what “got it like thatnesses” means !! Lol

• jacktrade51
    10,906 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2021 9:01 PM

I do not believe which box we get awarded has anything to do with how we win the game.  It relates more to how many we have won in a row, where we are on the weekly ladder, and randomness.

On the ff question, it has happened to me several times.  One just has to wait the opps. out.  Do not let impatience cost you the game, much less reward players that try it.

Tom.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2021 11:40 PM

• jacktrade51
    10,906 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2021 8:57 PM

Impatience, Paul.

I have had those experiences multiple times ... I sit and wait and swear at the opp ... but I have never lost a game sitting still.  Eventually the WGT computer gets it right on coin games.

I suspect you are not being patient enough, although I get it, clock is running on bonus pack, etc.  Still, you have to wait.  We cannot reward the cheat who is trying to get us to dq.

Tom.

RSS