Forums

Help › Forums

No access to Replays ?????

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 27 2020 4:58 PM (53 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2020 11:15 AM

If you have the link Paul, then yes they do still work. Very nice shot by the way.

In your video, why don't you make the game window fullscreen?

EDIT : Oh, okay.

• goldputter3
    89 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2020 11:35 AM

How do u make it full screen... no options that i can find..like the old menu.. made choices there.. Help

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 3:27 AM

Neither of your replay videos are really fullscreen Paul.

When you have the replay ready to play, click in the browser address bar, then hit F11.

Your screen recorder should have keyboard shortcuts for record/stop/pause so you don't have to use the mouse for these functions. Check the software instructions to find out what they are.

• nopro17
    16,130 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 1:34 PM

Well, I finished recording my saved replays today ... all 276 of them.  Could I have dropped a few of them?  Sure ... but I saved them for a reason at the time and I recorded them because of that.

I have also provided my members with instructions on how and where to save their replays along with an AutoHotKey script that's very helpful if they have a lot of replays like I did.

WGT chose to remove the Replay Highlights page as part of the last update.  Fortunately for my members, I have saved the links to all of their shots that have appeared on the highlights page since 2013.  If they want to record them, I have warned them that this is probably their last chance to do so.

The point of this message isn't to say "Hey! Look at me!".  I operate in the background.  I'm only pointing out what I/we have had to do simply because WGT has not told us what is going to happen.

Messages sent to both moderators and customer support have not been answered.  The only mention that I recall from any WGT employee in these forums was something from WGTChampion who said something like "We want replays too."  Other than that, crickets.

They could have told us one of two things:

1) We're working on something to convert your replays.  It won't be ready for December 29 but don't worry.  Your replays will be available again in the future.

2) It's impossible/prohibitive to convert your replays.  We're not going to do it.  If you want to save your replays, you will have to do it yourself.  Here are a few ways for you to do that.

Although we would have preferred the first option, at least we would have known where we stood if the answer were the second one.

People are entitled to run their company however they see fit.  I just don't see how silence was the best option here.

• nopro17
    16,130 Posts
    Sun, Dec 20 2020 12:51 PM

pdb1:
    Because on the 29th . We are going to find that we will be unable to play the recorded replays .

That is my expectation.

They will rename or delete the replay.aspx script and that will be the end.

It won't matter if you have the replay ID.  There will be no way to view it even if you have managed to keep Flash running on your computer.

RSS