Help › Forums

Chromebook version??

Fri, Sep 24 2021 12:38 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • russ716
    4 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2020 10:43 AM

Hello,

Most people in 2020 own a chromebook with googled operating system. Will there an early version or any version at all for this platform? Currently all I get when I download the app is the mobile version where you can't play for credits or anything so the game is completely pointless. Please let me know when I can expect a chrome operating system version with all the game modes and challenge type matches. 

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2020 11:01 AM

What you downloaded is the new version. You should have the same limitations that the Windows and Mac OS early versions have. 

By the way, I think you're incorrect about most people owning Chromebooks. Sure, in K-12 education, Chromebooks are widely used. They own that market. 

Outside of that, however, the market is still dominated by Windows OS (the overwhelming majority) and Mac OS. 

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2020 2:01 PM

pdb1:

What you are downloading is PCEA ( early access )

And yes. You can play for credits . Big credits in the coin rooms.

WGT is replacing the Flash version with this mobile like platform .

Pdb1, do I detect a bit of Sarcasm?!! 😆

In all seriousness you can play for Credits in PCEA in both Match Play and Skins format by setting up your game as Challenge mode.

I'm not sure if there are additional credit games formats in the Flash version???

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2020 10:08 PM

russ716:
    Please let me know when I can expect a chrome operating system version with all the game modes and challenge type matches. 

WGT has not announced a version of the game specifically for Chrome OS.  Given the size of their development team and their other priorities, as well as the relatively small number of users of Chrome OS, I would guess that's probably not even on their radar.

• NickMirceaGEI
    24 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2020 5:04 PM

I think they should! It's an operating system and it's getting very popular not only because of the price.
    You can get a new Chromebook for around$250

• WGTweb
    27 Posts
    Wed, Oct 7 2020 11:38 PM

Sounds like you downloaded the Android app.  (For others who want to try Android apps on Chromebook, here's Google's help page.)  You can play for Credits in Tournaments, under the blue Game Modes button.  Modes like Match Play and Alt shot will make it into the mobile app eventually (at least for large devices), but I don't know the timeline.

WebGL is the native game format on Chrome OS, and Google is betting on it with Stadia, but Windows/macOS are WGT's focus for desktop computers right now.  Apple held back the industry by not adding WebGL 2.0 to macOS Safari until recently.

• Mariluch
    28 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2020 12:07 AM

i own a chrome book and i have downloaded the new version and as of yet i am not able to play alt shot or stroke so far all i can do is coin matches or credits  its not very good compared to flash  but i do think wgt will make it just as good over time. hoping it doesnt take long

• johnmcntsh
    1 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2021 8:22 AM

I have not been able to play for months on my Chromebook. I finally gave up

• PAGES
RSS