Forums

Help › Forums

Flash player

Sat, Sep 26 2020 2:15 AM (60 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,794 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2020 7:42 AM

DoctorLarry:

I wish it were not so (and I hope I am wrong), but I don't expect the Flash version to even be playable at the end of the year - even if they leave it up.

Sigh.

If they JUST leave it up it WILL be playable ....Back doors and loop holes into flash are there

• ScottHope
    10,111 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2020 10:47 AM

Hope they don't do something like this...

VIDEO

• garyk49
    2,315 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2020 11:57 AM

ScottHope:

Hope they don't do something like this...

VIDEO

This might be a distinct possibility.  A lot of the people here think that WGT.com is the flash version of WGT, as long as that still works it means flash is still working.  To those that believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. 

IMO, I think we are already seeing what is only going to get worse as December approaches.  It appears like they are making the flash side not work the same as it always has.  Many have been complaining about Multiplayer or the player friend status in the Launcher.  I have yet to figure out(haven't tried that hard either)who is online to invite for a game. or how you get an invite to a game, or for that matter, how to change my status.  I know that you can look at your friend listing from the Launcher home start page.  Most are looking for it to act like how the flash version used to work(you noticed I said used to).  As of the last update a number or things changed in the flash version, making it harder to see your friend list(or should I say, when you can see it)  I used to be able to mark myself green, turn on the invite sound and go look at the forums and know when I had an invite.  Or start the game client and see the flashing green invite light.  Try that on the new version!!!  To me it appears that the social aspect of WGT is going to hell in a hand basket, and apparently they don't care, as it has been brought up by many people.

Go ahead WGT, make this post disappear like you have others.

• GrahamB2014
    2,190 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2020 12:35 PM

Still no answer from WGT yet.

I will let you all know once/if I ever receive a reply .

• garyk49
    2,315 Posts
    Wed, Sep 2 2020 4:51 PM

GrahamB2014:

Still no answer from WGT yet.

I will let you all know once/if I ever receive a reply .

Hope you are not holding your breath waiting.

• CornishDon
    3 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2020 10:25 AM

Maybe you need to update it?

• rembrandt100
    36 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2020 5:30 PM

One thing that I do not like about the new game play is in the country club section. You are just told there is a game but there is no reference as to how long the game is (9 or 18 holes) nor do you see what course you are playing. 

• GrahamB2014
    2,190 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2020 9:18 AM

Still no reply from the WGT member of staff mentioned in a post here in this thread so I now give up on this .

I am now 100% sure WGT do not want to answer our question. I PM'd him and reminded him twice but still no reply. He may have been on holiday during some of this period ; it would be a good idea if WGT members of staff left some form of blog post on their player profile informing us if they are away so that we would know not to pester them with reminders. 

The following may be a bit controversial but I believe that WGT are trying to sort of force/get rid of long term players. After all we are not good earners for them. Most of us no longer contribute actual money to WGT , we dont buy credits probably have the equipment that we want and have just enough credits to buy the balls we want to use. So again I say from WGT's point of view we are not good earners/customers for them. They want new players who tend to spend money in the early weeks/months of play. Hence they do not care about our opinions, ideas or questions.

Also another question is even if the WGT flash based game continues will WGT continue to update it. My point being; there was mention that they will be including the facility for the apparel bonuses to be switched off in some way. If they do not incorporate that into any future changes in the flash based game then as far as I am concerned playing on flash even if it continues will just be a waste of time.

I used to enjoy playing this game and for the most part refrained from openly criticising WGT but now I just dont care they have completely lost my respect and trust.

• mwzGBjzFKy
    2 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2020 10:42 AM

I would also like to know they will no longer support Flash Player. I will have to find another golf game to use.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, Sep 22 2020 12:03 PM
    GrahamB2014:

The following may be a bit controversial but I believe that WGT are trying to sort of force/get rid of long term players. After all we are not good earners for them. Most of us no longer contribute actual money to WGT , we dont buy credits probably have the equipment that we want and have just enough credits to buy the balls we want to use. So again I say from WGT's point of view we are not good earners/customers for them. They want new players who tend to spend money in the early weeks/months of play. Hence they do not care about our opinions, ideas or questions.

Game, set and match!!!
RSS