Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,232 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2020 3:29 AM

civman:

Why aren't the championship greens and tees used in the coin room games? As a Tour Champion, I am forced to play green speeds between Slow and Tournament, which seems to cater to the vast majority of WGT members playing in these coin rooms. Up the ante, and force these players to compete on championship speed greens.  It levels the playing field for everyone.

As a TC you should be proficient at all green speeds as you have played them before while tiering up. The lower tiers might not have played the faster green speeds very much or even at all. But saying what I have said I know I struggle with the slower green speed as I rarely play them, but I am no TC either. Cheers.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2020 6:28 AM

civman:

Why aren't the championship greens and tees used in the coin room games? As a Tour Champion, I am forced to play green speeds between Slow and Tournament, which seems to cater to the vast majority of WGT members playing in these coin rooms. Up the ante, and force these players to compete on championship speed greens.  It levels the playing field for everyone.

if you aren't playing the back tees then up your game and play Tokyo Manhattan or Bellagio.

as far as the green speeds and champion speed.

one could argue that  having changing green speeds is more difficult than constantly being at the same number.

• jacktrade51
    10,942 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2020 6:08 PM

BoonJuice:
    Can someone give me a definitive answer on how many yards is on the grid when aiming wind offset yards?

It's a great question.  I tried comparing the pitch meter vs. the meter available when using pitch view.

I came up with each box is 3x3 yards, but I am happy to be corrected with better info.

Tom.

• jacktrade51
    10,942 Posts
    Mon, Dec 14 2020 9:20 PM

jacktrade51:

1.  No ability to zoom in on the 5 yard square to aim the shot.  It makes a difference 200 yds outs for those of us without laser eyes,

2.  On certain approach shots, I get an odd looking square where the yardage/feet differential is different than other holes.  That is unacceptable.

3.  I can't on pitches/chips around the green see the vertical slope of the green.  (??  It makes a difference one a 10 yd pitch if green is uphill or away from me.  

4.  The weather vane is way too short compared to Flash.  Lengthen it for those of us who don't have laser eyes.  (See pt. 1, but the problem is bigger with the inability to zoom (#1)

Why we keep talking.  So players who have talked to me...

#2 .. we are thinking it is 3x3 yds per square.  We get it on full shot view which is an improvement

#3.  The work around is going to putt view.

#4.  I stand by my comment.

Tom..

• Yiannis1970
    3,271 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2020 6:59 AM

BoonJuice:

I've seen people say one grid box on the green is 8 yards, another person said it's 5 yards, another said it's 3, and someone said it's 2 yards across, which is definitely wrong to me

Ok, let's do some math. Every hole has a diameter of 4.25 inches = 10,79 cm. Every grid is on a square shape and has room for 7 holes. So, 7 x 4.25 = 29.75 - 4.25 = 25,5 inches aka 2,1 feet.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2020 7:21 AM

i understood it to mean they were wanting grid size on approach shots. since they mentioned wind off sets.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2020 7:24 AM

Yiannis1970:

BoonJuice:

I've seen people say one grid box on the green is 8 yards, another person said it's 5 yards, another said it's 3, and someone said it's 2 yards across, which is definitely wrong to me

Ok, let's do some math. Every hole has a diameter of 4.25 inches = 10,79 cm. Every grid is on a square shape and has room for 7 holes. So, 7 x 4.25 = 29.75 - 4.25 = 25,5 inches aka 2,1 feet.

I agree with this. I always did this by 2 Foot.

I was using the avatars Foot, figuring 10 to 12 inches

• Yiannis1970
    3,271 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2020 9:34 AM

Oh, i didn't understand...i thought the length of only a grid. My mistake then.

It's easy however. Every whole grid in pitch mode view has 15 boxes...so 15 x 2 = 30 feet.

• smittji
    1,194 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2020 1:03 AM

I will apologize up front if this has been answered. I have searched through the forums with no luck, so I will ask.

Is there a way players can change/update their status in the new game as far as Hidden/online/available/available to friends ? 

Seems in the new game, when you create a new game( alt shot )  and go to invite, all friends that are online show green but doesnt mean they are available ?? all friends online will show green , but when you try to invite it just goes through "decline" ect ! 

I have found where I can put myself unavailable/available in the settings. Is there a way to see actual friend status like in the old flash game ? 

RSS