Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,232 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2020 2:35 AM

BPeterson8256:

callaghan159:

Played a ALT match tonight and lost the chat option on the 2nd hole. Any idea why? Cheers

No, but...  I found a new chat problem playing ALT tonight. I was playing with two players who were on flash and consequently their profile pics were identical. When they spoke in chat, all it shows is their photo without their name. I couldn't tell who was talking.

Also, in an earlier ALT this evening, I would frequently lose the ability to open the chat box, but it always came back after the next shot was played.

Good that yours came back. Mine never did and at least 1 player was using flash. Just another glitch I guess. LOL

• callaghan159
    6,232 Posts
    Sun, Dec 6 2020 9:05 AM

pdb1:

callaghan159:

Played a ALT match tonight and lost the chat option on the 2nd hole. Any idea why? Cheers

This happens every time I play multiplayer flash and PCEA .

The quick fix for me . Is to click over to another tab page . Click your cursor to type a letter or a word . Click back and the chat text will work .

Thanks. I will try it next time if I remember. lol

• jacktrade51
    10,941 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2020 7:18 PM

I am a little confused as to where I will be heard to posting in 2 different forums. 

Just started last 3 days, so here are my initial thoughts/issues as an 8+ year veteran on the Flash game compared to PCEA, not necessarily in most important order:

1.  No ability to zoom in on the 5 yard square to aim the shot.  It makes a difference 200 yds outs for those of us without laser eyes,

2.  On certain approach shots, I get an odd looking square where the yardage/feet differential is different than other holes.  That is unacceptable.

3.  I can't on pitches/chips around the green see the vertical slope of the green.  (??  It makes a difference one a 10 yd pitch if green is uphill or away from me.  

4.  The weather vane is way too short compared to Flash.  Lengthen it for those of us who don't have laser eyes.  (See pt. 1, but the problem is bigger with the inability to zoom (#1)

5.  Make the color on feet/inch marker for putts more opaque so we can see the putt.  (It was a problem on Flash, but we could work around it.  It is a huge problem with the reverse view on putts so close to the bottom of the screen.  So change the background color to make it more opaque which should be easy, or move the hole a yard up on the screen.)  

I have issues with placement of info, longer meter, and a few other issues, but I am willing to accept those as game changes I need to adjust to.

The graphics are overall better, but I am worried more about my shooting ... not how I look.

Tom (jacktrade51).

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2020 12:11 PM

jacktrade51:
    3.  I can't on pitches/chips around the green see the vertical slope of the green.  (??  It makes a difference one a 10 yd pitch if green is uphill or away from me.

switch to putter.

look at the green slopes that way.

Usually if off green the first time you reverse view it won't go to it but an off green look. just go back to normal view then hit reverse again. should be a normal behind the pin reverse view the second time.

• craigswan
    31,058 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2020 1:30 PM

my meter is to slow for starter ball .

how do you speed it up .

and turn it horizontal .

• SamSpayed
    4,911 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2020 2:21 PM

craigswan:

my meter is to slow for starter ball .

how do you speed it up .

and turn it horizontal .

The meter is already horizontal.

To speed it up, try setting your game resolution to 1024x768.  That will give you a shorter meter which may appear to you to move faster.

• jacktrade51
    10,941 Posts
    Tue, Dec 8 2020 8:40 PM

Mythanatos:
    Usually if off green the first time you reverse view it won't go to it but an off green look. just go back to normal view then hit reverse again. should be a normal behind the pin reverse view the second time.

I will try that.  Thanks.

• civman
    710 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2020 4:14 AM

Why aren't the championship greens and tees used in the coin room games? As a Tour Champion, I am forced to play green speeds between Slow and Tournament, which seems to cater to the vast majority of WGT members playing in these coin rooms. Up the ante, and force these players to compete on championship speed greens.  It levels the playing field for everyone.

• BoonJuice
    66 Posts
    Sun, Dec 13 2020 8:16 PM

Can someone give me a definitive answer on how many yards is on the grid when aiming wind offset yards?

I know the flash version is easy with the aim box being 10 yards, but the PC version is different

I've seen people say one grid box on the green is 8 yards, another person said it's 5 yards, another said it's 3, and someone said it's 2 yards across, which is definitely wrong to me

Is there any way at all, any tricks to aim wind offset yards in PC version?

RSS