Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE (COMPLETELY) HONEST 2...OR PROBABLY NOT...

Tue, Jul 4 2023 5:02 AM (233 replies)
  • HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Wed, Mar 8 2017 9:47 PM

ct690911:

Romax:

HenryKawa:

I will have to walk into the Tropicana tomorrow and see if I can find the chicken game.   We are staying just down the block from the Tropicana and walk by it all the time.

Today we went to the Fremont Experience on Fremont Street.  WOW, that was great!  It was the highlight of our stay in Vegas.

Sadly we are starting to head home tomorrow.   It will take us 3 days to get home.   Hopefully the weather back home will change in the next 3 days - I hear that a major blizzard hit western Canada today.   Lots of snow, # 1 Highway closed in some areas, high winds and COLD!

Pssst.....  My advice is to stay put Henry, or turn around and go back to Mesa for a week. The weather in S Manitoba is the chitzz with high winds and snow + near zero visibility and -25c with windchill.All schools and highways were closed here today. The forecast is for +25c though......On June 10/17.

• Tonight

Flurries. Blowing snow with near zero visibility at times this evening. Local blowing snow overnight. Wind west 60 km/h gusting to 80. Low minus 14. Wind chill minus 27.

Yup...schools closed and daughter sent home from work before highways became impossible. Can someone explain to me why US immigrants are heading to Canada vice Mexico?...to hell with the wall.

We stopped at Pocatello, IDAHO.   Weather is good here, but according to the weather report, its snow and blizzardy across Montana.  Not sure how I will get home.  I would like to see if we can make it to Billings, but we may be stuck here a few days.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Mar 9 2017 4:28 AM

Just Henry and the pygmy pony, over by the dental floss bush...

• craigswan
    31,070 Posts
    Fri, Mar 10 2017 10:23 AM

Scottish accent versus american .

• pmm711
    5,538 Posts
    Sun, Mar 12 2017 12:19 AM

To those it affects...don't forget...CDP Bonus time is now 1 hour later...

• craigswan
    31,070 Posts
    Mon, Mar 13 2017 1:21 AM

Looks like colin's still playing .

Funny Cards - Instinctively Knew The Safest Place

• craigswan
    31,070 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2017 7:00 AM

Which way your tee peg lands after your drive is a proper science .

Anyone who has ever played golf, will notice that after a good tee-shot, the tee bounces backwards. This is true most of the time, but not always.

Plenty of quality tee shots still leave the tee in place .

I think whether the spinning tee lands behind or in front of its starting position depends on just how the top of the tee hits the grass/ground.   Given the force of the club's impact, I'd expect momentum would usually send the tee forward.    For the tee to move backward, my guess is that it rotates past horizontal, and the top of the tee hits into the ground at an angle.   Even though the spin is still forward, the impact bounces the tee backward.

• gonfission
    2,234 Posts
    Tue, Mar 14 2017 8:25 AM

Sounds like a project for Phineas J Whoopee, and his 3D BB

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Wed, Mar 15 2017 8:59 PM

We are back home in Canada from our 3 week USA driving trip.  We drove over 8000 kilometers, which is about 5000 miles.   Nice to be home, but lots of snow here.   Going to watch "Designated Survivor" now on TV.  Bye bye for now. 

• craigswan
    31,070 Posts
    Thu, Mar 16 2017 12:33 AM

Welcome back henry .

It's very quiet in here .

Tell us a story or two .

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Sun, Mar 19 2017 7:34 PM

craigswan:

Welcome back henry .

It's very quiet in here .

Tell us a story or two .

Okay.  Here is one:  When I was in Las Vegas I went through the MGM Grand and followed the signs to TOPGOLF.  As you know  TopGolf owns WGT.   With my police identification (retired of course), I was able to get an audience with the manager.   I must have impressed him with my technological knowledge and experience.  My goal was to ask him to move my application forward to become a Customer Service agent or a Moderator for WGT.   We spoke for about an hour had drinks and a great time.   He said he will put in a good word for me.... so it may be coming soon.

RSS