Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE (COMPLETELY) HONEST 2...OR PROBABLY NOT...

Tue, Jul 4 2023 5:02 AM (233 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 10:17 PM

To WGT and locking LET'S BE HONEST...

You took a little piece of us all when you locked that thread.  And we feed your azzes.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 10:52 PM

It was justfied - read the Guidelines - first keyword.

It wasn't justified towards Rich though to abuse the thread for that subject.
    These users
    took a piece from us and deserve the Boo!

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 11:35 PM

No ranting by me . Just tell me to my face .

If anyone has a problem with me and my posts just say here up front and I will disappear.

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 11:51 PM

Let's celebrate st davids day .

An Irishman walks into a bar in Dublin, orders three pints of Guinness and sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn.

When he finishes them, he comes back to the bar and orders three more. The bartender asks him, "You know, a pint goes flat after I draw it; it would taste better if you bought one at a time." The Irishman replies, "Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is in America, the other in Australia, and I'm here in Dublin. When we all left home, we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank together." The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there.

The Irishman becomes a regular in the bar, and always drinks the same way: ordering three pints and drinking them in turn. One day, he comes in and orders two pints. All the other regulars notice and fall silent. When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your great loss."

The Irishman looks confused for a moment, then a light dawns in his eye and he laughs. "Oh, no," he says, "Everyone's fine. I've just quit drinking."

• HenryKawa
    1,720 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 6:55 AM

Sorry Rich, that your thread is locked.

Maybe if we ask nicely they will unlock it. 

Happy St. David's Day everyone.  Happy March 1st.

HENRY KAWA TRIP UPDATE:   I am at a friends place in Phoenix.   We are going to a Spring Training Baseball game today.  Rangers and Angels at Tempe Diablo Stadium.   Wanna see the big bad Rangers, since my team, the Toronto Blue Jays, knocked them out of the playoffs two years in a row.  LOL.  

Anyone near Phoenix, let me know and we can get together for a coffee.  I will be here for 3 or 4 days before moving on to Lake Havasu,  So far on this, my journey across the USA, no one has taken me up on my offer for meet.  I will even BUY.    I was hoping to meet at least one of you so you can see that Henry is actually a pretty nice guy (and maybe pass it on to everyone else, especially to the people who still hate me).

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 7:10 AM

alosso:
    It wasn't justified towards Rich though to abuse the thread for that subject

Rich was the first one to agree with the political narrative of the video. He was a USER. Are you referring to him as well? TRUTH!

Almost positive, that's why he did not complain about the closure, being part of it and all. His prerogative. TRUTH!

alosso:
    These users

The people, took nothing, from anyone. Your accusatory statements are spiteful.

Looking back, A water foul, gave a warning to a wayward traveler. HUMOR.

Because it was pointed at what some consider, a villain, it was acceptable. Plus it was innocuous HUMOR.

Then the travelers vacation route was pointed out. HUMOR. Innocuous HUMOR.

Again, a trickster, jokester, mostly always HUMOROUS, warns traveler of dangers. Again, with HUMOR!

Then the sun rises. With a direct follow up statement, not pointing at any one particular person. A generalization. Truth!

From what I see, he has become the replacement for all the slings and arrows, ( NO PROBLEMS AT ALL WITH THOSE) that were headed north, at one time. ACCEPTABLE??? Truth!

By the rat pack apparently, yes. Truth!

The water foul notices, a statement that could be taken out of context, ( and was), and asks the sun, to stop shining so brightly. I think that was actually HELP, towards the sun, to be careful. Truth!

Then the sun reports, on reporting. Truth!

Then a video, containing a GLOBE full of truth, was entered. TRUTH!

Thread originator, AGREES. 1st one. His thread. TRUTH!

A soccer ball rolls in, and agrees as well, relieved, he is not alone. TRUTH!

The sun rises again, walks the edge, pisses me off, ( ASHAMED ), albeit, statement made, TRUTH!

Well educated, clarified baseball cap, blows in. States his, ( and many others ) OPINION, and declares his conviction. TRUTH!

The sun rises again, and has an eclipse. In my mind. I did not get it. In his own mind, TRUTH!

The predator pack leader, shows up. Purposely missing the Iaarft, or what ever that nonsense was. TRUTH!.

Patch Adams shows up, and as usual, uses HUMOR, to get things back to, WGT NORMALITY. What a hoot. Good on him. TRUTH!

The soccer ball rolls in again, to let every one involved know, He just wants Peace and harmony, the way it used to be. Truth!

I appear, and specifically point out a persons statement, that drives my kind utterly angry. I see my error, towards the OP's thread intrusion, even thought I stated the TRUTH, of my anger towards one person, not an out of bounds topic. I remove my thoughts, as to NOT be harangued, misinterpreted, deliberately gnawed on upon. TRUTH!

Apparently, the truth, which is what the thread, was initially about, was to much to handle for some intolerant people.

All roses and lollipops for the complainers, in their infinitesimal world. As usual, they bring their pack like behavior & put down the majority, that speak their truth.

Mr. Mustacheeeo, returns, is horrified, at what he thinks he created, ( not so ) and apologizes, unnecessarily, for posting, the TRUTH!

Low & behold, vroom, vroom, "the leader of the pack", a song, returns.

Thread closes. TRUTH!

Point your boot in the direction it belongs. Intolerance towards others, because they don't align themselves with you, is intolerable.

Not one single poster in that ensemble was posting intolerance, until ONE  cheese smelling vermin arrived.

Good luck with him, and your misdirected insinuating remarks to the USERS.

After all, all in fun, right? ;-)))

• Premed
    776 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 7:59 AM

craigswan:

Let's celebrate st davids day .

An Irishman walks into a bar in Dublin .......... etc

Left me a bit puzzled. Not really in love with jokes based on national stereotypes but this one is fairly harmless, however as St Davids Day is a Welsh thing & not an Irish thing (we have St Patrick's day) I failed to make the connection. So to help fix the post here are some national stereotype Welsh jokes.

A matter of life and death

Dai was watching a Six Nations game in Cardiff.

In the packed stadium there was only one empty seat, right next to him.

“Whose is that seat?” asked a man in the row behind.

“I got the ticket for my wife,” said Dai. “But she died in an accident.”

“So you’re keeping the seat vacant as a mark of respect?”

“No,” said the fan, “I offered it to all of my friends.”

“So why didn’t they take it?”

“They’ve all gone to the funeral.”

(ps Ireland gonna thrash Wales on the 10th March)

Knocking on Heaven's Door

Warren Gatland and Stuart Lancaster are both killed when a lightning bolt hits the Millennium Stadium.

In heaven, they are greeted by God and Lancaster is taken to his new home, a lovely English country cottage with statues of English rugby greats and angels singing Jerusalem and Swing Low, Sweet Chariot.

He was delighted until he suddenly heard some even more beautiful singing coming from the top of the hill. He listened closer and could hear Bread of Heaven and Hen Wlad fy Nhadau.

He looked up to see a great palace with statues of Barry John and Gareth Edwards and a party in the garden had Brains SA flowing freely as the crowd watched Scott Gibbs scoring his try against England in 1999. Lancaster went to the Lord and said: “I don’t want to appear ungrateful - but why does Warren get the huge mansion?”

God said: “You’ve got it all wrong! That’s not Warren’s place - it’s mine.”

That's a long name

I used to go out with a Welsh girl that had 36DDs. It was a ridiculously long name.

We're not saying the Welsh are tight, but...

Jones the farmer and his son Berwyn sign up for a sight-seeing tour in a small aircraft. As always, Jones angles for the best deal possible.

“Very well, Mr Jones,” says the pilot. “If you can go through the entire flight without making a sound, you and Berwyn can have your tickets for free.” So the plane takes off and the pilot makes sure it’s a rough one, launching almost straight up, flying under the Severn Bridge, using every single bit of acrobatics in his repertoire and doing a loop at the end. Jones says nothing. After they land, the pilot turns to Jones in disbelief.

“Mr Jones, I’ve been doing this for 20 years and no-one’s ever been able to hold back from screaming. Tell me, was there ever a point in the flight where you wanted to say something?”

“Aye,” Jones replies. “When Berwyn fell out.”

Don't come between a Welshman and his ale

An Englishman, Scotsman and Welshman walk into a bar. Each orders a pint of Brain’s but, as they’re served, a fly lands in each pint.

The Englishman immediately pushes his beer away in disgust.

The Scotsman thinks for a few seconds, shrugs, and also pushes the pint away.

The Welshman turns bright red, picks the fly out of the beer and holds it over his glass shouting: “SPIT IT OUT! SPIT IT OUT!”

Not the easiest place for an affair

My wife asked me if I was having an affair with a woman from Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyllllatysiliogogogoch.

I said: “How can you say such a thing?”

No hard feelings...

A Welshman, Scot and Englishman are walking when they come across a lantern and a genie pops out and grants them one wish each.

The Scot says: “I am a sheep herder, like my dad before me. I want my country to be full of lovely sheep farms.”  Whoosh, and so it was.

The Englishman was amazed and says: “I want a wall around England to keep those damned Scots and Welsh out.” Bang, there was a wall around England.

The Welshman says: “Tell me more about this wall.”

The genie says: “It’s 200 feet high, 100 feet thick, it goes all around England, and nothing can get in or out.”

The Welshman says: “Fill it with water.”

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 8:21 AM

Ah, so that's Chump's plan is it?

Wonder who the cheese smelling vermin is?

Wonder how long before 2 joins 1 in Shangri-la leading the pack?

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 8:22 AM

craigswan:
    If anyone has a problem with me and my posts just say here up front and I will disappear.

I do ... now keep your word and I should not have to read/see another post from you.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Mar 1 2017 9:18 AM

ZioMio:

craigswan:

I do ... now keep your word and I should not have to read/see another post from you.

You did ask the question Craig ...

Point is...are you a man of your word ?

I and others will find out soon.

Andy

RSS