Forums

Help › Forums

Guide To The Perfect Power On The Meter

Wed, Feb 22 2012 6:22 AM (111 replies)
  • oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 12:58 PM

DocMurphy:
     And for what it's worth it would appear that the only people that have voiced a negative opinion about this so far is,

THEACEFACTOR - Legend

SIXKILLER - Legend

SUNCITY28 - Legend

And guess what??? Theyre all LEGENDS!!
    So it would appear to me that the guys at the top (who probably have been using something similiar to this either software wise or taped to their screen) don't want the rest of the community suddenly becoming as good as them, because they think they EARNED that right. Well guess what guys, all I did was take some of the guess work out of the game for some people, so get over your high and mighty selves.

I think you have misinterpreted the "negative" comments by "all" Legends (all 3 of them?) with your system to play this golf game vs the spirit of Integrity with this game of Golf.

While your tips and methods may be of benefit to play this game and very well may be within the T&C's WGT has established, it may not be in the best interest of this game. IMO

If you play golf for real, do you lay a club on the ground pointing at the desired target before you take your shots? Tie a rope around your arms and torso for eliminating flaying elbows? Hung a towel when putting? Or any other help aids you use on the practice range, but not allowed on the course?

Do you take a mulligan or two for each round? One for the front and back 9?

Do you move your ball more then the 6-12 inches (course rules may vary) of relief when a shot lands in a bad lie under "winter rules" at your local course?

Do you use the two club maximum length of relief for drop balls? Marking the original spot of the ball before picking it up and dropping, (knowing that extra foot of length is the difference from punching out or a full swing to the green)  

Do you putt every putt?

Do you count "every" stroke on your scorecard?

I could go on and on, but I think you catch my drift.

Your post was very interesting, informative and well written. I thank you for your time and effort on sharing it. I'm not quite sure of your motive's, but thats neither here nor there.

Every player here will have to ask themselves how do I want to play and by what methods will I utilize to be successful and competitive at THIS GAME. But then again this is a virtual simulated golf game played on a computer that can be played successfully with nothing more then good hand/eye coordination.Then our God given human nature wants to take over and away we go....................LOL 

• DocMurphy
    35 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 1:30 PM

My original intentions david, was to just help people out. No other reasoning than that, no alterior motive. And I didnt state that ALL legends had negative views, only that it would appear that ONLY legends had the negative views. 

And as for having an aid on the practice course that you would not have on tournament day:

Do you not have a caddy who went out the morning of or day before and took all sorts of measurements and readings and determined the best course management set around your specific game. Did you not also previously know how much force you specifically needed to use on your own clubs to get certain distances. 

All this ruler does is give you both of those aids. It in no way allows you to aim better for wind direction and speed, it in no way aids you in dinging the meter more often, and it in no way gives you any more information that you could not find by simply playing 300+ rounds and getting a "feel" for the shot. 

All it does is simply speed up the process of visually seeing where on the meter your dragging the cursor to, and helps you see the result of your shot better based on a more accurate scale rather than a visual educated guess.

Thats all its intended to do, nothing more, nothing less.

• jaderoks
    571 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 3:25 PM

By the sounds of it. If this game had the meter marks like all the other golf games, People would be bored of it and saying how easy the game is by now. I can't believe the flack you're getting over this Doc.

I tried it, but I can't get the transparency. The alwaysontopmaker works good though.

Thanks

• Mohawk1
    365 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 3:34 PM

I really can't see what the big deal is at all . Do you have a graphic pic  with a complete moving grid on every green on a RL course?  What about a windsock which tells you exactly how fast the wind is blowing and the exact wind speed which can be seen in both mph and kms ?  It's a VIRTUAL golf game , maybe WGT just forgot to break down the swing zone into segments .  Hats off for your time Doc , no cheating here .  Still haven't figured it out but my tech teenager will help ,  cheers   Doc  !

• lindaJB
    4 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 4:28 PM

thanks doc.....i appreciate ure help on this great idea of yours....it helps me...to take faster shots..on timed games 30 seconds 45 seconds......some people would rather drive a car blindfolded while others like me  use speedometer..rpm meter.. and even gprs when driving on the roads...lol.....to each his own....i take my hats off to those legends who uses thier feel and instinct when playing ready gos.......salute......

• wsmd
    63 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 4:48 PM

...  ...    I don't see any big deal with it either, he's not going outside the rules stipulated, n again he did say it was a guide.. .. ... It would surprise me tho if he wasn't one these young upshot sorta guys like my smartass son, an answer n equation for anything other than life's real dilemma's.............. 

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 5:17 PM

wsmd:
    It would surprise me tho if he wasn't one these young upshot sorta guys like my smartass son, an answer n equation for anything other than life's real dilemma's.............. 

They still make those models? Thought I had the last year of production! 

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 5:33 PM

DocMurphy:

And for what it's worth it would appear that the only people that have voiced a negative opinion about this so far is,

THEACEFACTOR - Legend

SIXKILLER - Legend

SUNCITY28 - Legend

And guess what??? Theyre all LEGENDS!!
    So it would appear to me that the guys at the top (who probably have been using something similiar to this either software wise or taped to their screen) don't want the rest of the community suddenly becoming as good as them, because they think they EARNED that right. Well guess what guys, all I did was take some of the guess work out of the game for some people, so get over your high and mighty selves.

Damn right we are Legends, who have all put our time in, (by that I mean more than 1 week). And guess what Doc, we did it with out crutches and gimmicks!

• DocMurphy
    35 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 5:41 PM

wsmd:

...  ...    I don't see any big deal with it either, he's not going outside the rules stipulated, n again he did say it was a guide.. .. ... It would surprise me tho if he wasn't one these young upshot sorta guys like my smartass son, an answer n equation for anything other than life's real dilemma's.............. 

Pretty much hit it on the nail!

FWIW I'm a nintendo baby who has been playing consoles and pc games since I was in diapers, so it comes naturally.

• DocMurphy
    35 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 5:43 PM

sixkiller:

Damn right we are Legends, who have all put our time in, (by that I mean more than 1 week). And guess what Doc, we did it with out crutches and gimmicks!

And I am in no way belittling those who did it the long hard way and learned the ins and outs, I am merely providing a fast track form of learning for those who struggle where others prevail. Simple as that. Criticize me or not, it doesn't matter. 

RSS