Forums

Help › Forums

Guide To The Perfect Power On The Meter

Wed, Feb 22 2012 6:22 AM (111 replies)
  • suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 9:50 PM

I see you joined the game on the 5th April 2011. (6 days ago) 

You no a lot of information for a new player ????

• DocMurphy
    35 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 9:55 PM

Alot of information about what? How to use an image editing software to create a ruler, and how to use that ruler to pay attention to how far shots go based on what SHOULD be the correct % compared to what the shot actually does, and using my god given brain to take that information and learn from it. Any moron with the right tools can become good at something. This isnt rocket science, its taking one number and figuring out where a relative number to that number is on a scale. Didn't you learn how to do that in oh about 3rd grade when you were learning fractions? I even stated in the original post that Ive only been playing here recently for a few days, but with what Ive done in the past taught me how to make tools like this for other games. I'm not trying to hide the fact that I have basically cheated to gain an advantage on the game, but have done so in a completely by the book way that does not break the terms and conditions in any way. Whether people view me in a negative light in spite of that fact is their business, and in no way makes me feel bad about myself or my actions.

• MrDonVito
    472 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 9:57 PM

Hey Doc, stop feeding these trolls. Some will appreciate your meter ruler and others wont. Accept the compliments when you get them and ignore all the haters. You don't have to explain yourself.

• DocMurphy
    35 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 10:01 PM

MrDonVito:

Hey Doc, stop feeding these trolls. Some will appreciate your meter ruler and others wont. Accept the compliments when you get them and ignore all the haters. You don't have to explain yourself.

Thanks Don, I'm done now anyways.

Either use my technique or don't, but don't criticize me for doing something that is completely legit.

Have fun and hit em straight!

Doc Out

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 10:09 PM

Takes the fun out of the game IMHO.

When I get some time, I may map out BP and especially Oak for green slopes and best places to fire in the second shot from. But the meter and distances are enough of a ruler for me.

Using all of the extra stuff to play shots would mean taking twice/three times as long to finish a round. God forbid I'm stuck in an Alt Shot game with three players using the technology. The group behind us on the course would be having kittens on the tee. LOL.

• DocMurphy
    35 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 10:16 PM

PeterHopper:

Using all of the extra stuff to play shots would mean taking twice/three times as long to finish a round. God forbid I'm stuck in an Alt Shot game with three players using the technology. The group behind us on the course would be having kittens on the tee. LOL.

Not quite sure you understand what it is really then. Because all it really does it put a permanent 10 lines on your meter so you can judge the % better. I'm still taking roughly about 15 seconds to aim and take my shots. So I'm not seeing what part of "now i can SEE where 60% is on my meter instead of guessing" makes it take longer?

The only Time consuming part is the initial creation of the ruler. Not using it once youve opened it up prior to a game.

• DocMurphy
    35 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 10:39 PM

Final Note,

For those of you having issues with the opacity not working as intended, I can't wrap my head around why it works on my system but not on yours, So if it comes down to it you can simply place the ruler directly under the meter and it will still give you the same effect while being able to see the meter.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 12:33 AM

When a white hot ball of molten lava hits the water,steam will rise and dissipate into the air,and be gone forever.

The ripples made however,will roll outwards bringing to shore the news that something has just arrived.The white hot ball of molten lava cools and sits there in the knowledge that it has made ripples.

Steam and ripples both are gone.Lava remains.

Lizziexx

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 8:10 AM

Well, FWIW, I don't use a ruler, I don't tape a sticky note to my screen, nor use a calculator.

That said, I don't care what anyone uses when they play the game.

• thewonderstuff
    1,436 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2011 11:47 AM

very impressive scoring for a 1st time account holder!!! join on the 5th and by the 6th your shooting under par on bethpage black!! in fact you`ve only scored over par on 2 or 3 occassions,plus you seem to know a lot about the difference`s between legend and tourmaster green speeds for a player who`s only been playing for a week!...........oh yes by the way i am a legend so you can use that as your excuse for me questioning your very,very very recent play!!!.............ps nice scoring in the R.G games you`ve played

RSS