Mon, Apr 11 2011 9:38 AM

Anyone got any nail varnish remover?

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 10:26 AM

LizzieRossetti:

Anyone got any nail varnish remover?

Boots.

PS  I know about these things now cos I completed a survey on makeup!

• DocMurphy
    35 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 11:51 AM

Replies to everyone's questions have shown up now after being moderated. So please check back on page 1 to view them.

• casperturk
    484 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 12:21 PM

Hi Doc, Thanks

Got it working. Forgot to use the C+Alt+T bit i think.

Bit of fiddling needed with my graphic but reckon it could be useful once i get used to it on the screen.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 2:46 PM

In other words Doc, lets forget about the skill , the work involved to accomplish any goals you may have , the true meaning , understanding the physics of ball striking , learning from mistakes ... It lacks class , love and respect for the game , and all the other wonderful elements of the game. Not that you care ; and I don't care if you do or you don't. Your scores will mean nothing, you will not be respected at all by anyone that has a true love for the game of golf. Again, I do not care if you value anything I've said, but it is my opinion that if you shoot a 58 tomorrow ; you sir will have taken a step down, not up.

Ace

• MrDonVito
    472 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 2:52 PM

Problem:

when working on the image in the editing program, I can set the opacity to 50% or around there but once I save the image and open it, it returns to 100% opacity. So I am unable to overlay the ruler over my meter.... suggestions?

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 4:34 PM

TheAceFactor:

In other words Doc, lets forget about the skill , the work involved to accomplish any goals you may have , the true meaning , understanding the physics of ball striking , learning from mistakes ... It lacks class , love and respect for the game , and all the other wonderful elements of the game. Not that you care ; and I don't care if you do or you don't. Your scores will mean nothing, you will not be respected at all by anyone that has a true love for the game of golf. Again, I do not care if you value anything I've said, but it is my opinion that if you shoot a 58 tomorrow ; you sir will have taken a step down, not up.

Ace

Ace

Don't really understand what your problem is with this.  If you're saying that we don't have this in real golf, then you're right.  But in real golf, tour pro's have caddies that get up at 3 or 4am, go and walk the course, make millions of notes and know the yardage from just about any spot on the course so that the player can make the necessary decision on which club to hit, how hard, and how to shape it.  Does anyone complain when they shoot a 59?  If, on the other hand you're saying this ruler shouldn't be allowed for this game only, then I must ask why?  Does it take away the skill of the player?  No, of course not; the player still has to decide which club to hit, how to hit it, and how hard to hit it.  Without the meter all that will happen is that it will take twice as long to move the swing meter to the desired hitting distance as you have to visually work out the pertantage required.  This ruler, like all the other rulers many players use, simply speeds up that process.

However, if you personally don't use a ruler and don't wish to use a ruler then that's fine too as no one is forcing you to do anything you don't want to do.  BUT, IN NO WAY DOES THE RULER TAKE AWAY THE SKILL FROM THE PLAYER USING IT.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 6:07 PM

While you're at it Ace, why not denigrate folks who count avatar moves?  Geez, each avatar move in a full swing is 5% is it not?

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 6:14 PM

Nice looking girl if that`s her real photo Around my age & looking at her profile looks a killer player as well.

• DocMurphy
    35 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 6:36 PM

TheAceFactor:

Ace

Exactly! You hit it on the Nail!!

RSS