Forums

Help › Forums

Iron Upgrade from NIKE Vapor Fly Pro (L85) to TaylorMade RSi2 (L90) - Is it worth it?

Sun, Oct 9 2016 8:10 PM (95 replies)
  • MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Mon, Sep 19 2016 1:18 PM

Solarflares:

SimonTheBeetle:

By the way, it seems like still many people prefer to play on PC than on mobile.

Well I'm hard-wired , leaned-out , bombproof and multiple-monitored - with a meter 20" long.  Doesn't get much better than that.

The moment the latency issue is solved in mirroring from iPad to an Apple box - then I could approach playing seriously on the tablet perhaps.  But not right now - since it isn't , and I'm not.

I don't think you will need bomb proofing while playing WGT.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,536 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2016 3:48 AM

Solarflares:

MrFunnyWobbl:

I don't think you will need bomb proofing while playing WGT.

I'd decided ,  this year , that if I didn't win the St Andrews monthly sweep by December - I would blow myself up with a home-made device of some magnitude.

I wanted the computer to survive , as my will and funeral-arrangements are on the hard-drive.

Hence bombproof.

Whoa, take it easy, dude! LOL

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Tue, Sep 20 2016 7:44 PM

Hey Solar, 

With the RSi2s and the level 90 Blacks, can you hold the 9th green at Oakmont below the hole from 200-220 out with an iron? 

Course is such a monster... Was just -6 thru 7 there... finished with a 66... Disasterous three putting on the back... 

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Wed, Sep 21 2016 6:50 PM

Yeah I did that, but fucked up the punch in and left myself a 9 footer. Missed it. 

Been missing on wind side a lot lately all over, it's ugly

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sun, Oct 2 2016 8:30 PM

MrFunnyWobbl:

With the RSi2s and the level 90 Blacks, can you hold the 9th green at Oakmont below the hole from 200-220 out with an iron? 

Hi MrFunnyWobbl

I know it wasn't my question, and I agree with Solars take on it. I've also had numerous "trainwrecks" there though, ruining a good (for me) round. That's when confidence plays a part. If I'm s****g myself before I tee off there the omens aren't looking good. I started the October 9 hole there and was doing okay, not expecting a low 30 though. Time I got there I'd got into the swing and had enough confidence to try and get close. Spent too long chasing 3 footers around there from one side to the other!

With a bit of thought and a perfect ding

Oakmont CC  The par4 9th hole. Second shot.

An added bonus being that my fear of the hole has now vanished. What the RSi 2s are good at is after you have decided where you want to take your 3rd. shot from, putting the ball there. The replays are pretty similar too, so it looks like that's where to land one. The ball's a Lv53 Volvik btw, forgot to say earlier.

Cheers

Rich

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Mon, Oct 3 2016 6:14 AM

Thank you! The input is very much appreciated! Good to know you can do it with lower spin balls (4 v 5)

Friend req sent

RSS