Forums

Help › Forums

Iron Upgrade from NIKE Vapor Fly Pro (L85) to TaylorMade RSi2 (L90) - Is it worth it?

Sun, Oct 9 2016 8:10 PM (95 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 11:00 AM

MrFunnyWobbl:
    As someone who is going to be level 90 soon, thank you for creating this thread. 

No problem, Wobbl. ;-) It never hurts to ask.

MrFunnyWobbl:
    Everyone else replied super fast, normally takes a week minimum to get a three page thread given how dead this forum is. 

Really? Usually guys here at WGT forum are very speedy, not to mention very helpful, frank and straightforward. (so much so that sometimes they make you face the reality real harsh. LOL But that's OK for me because I'm here to get facts, not for some "peekaboo" shite.)

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 11:05 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

MrFunnyWobbl:
    As someone who is going to be level 90 soon, thank you for creating this thread. 

No problem, Wobbl. ;-) It never hurts to ask.

MrFunnyWobbl:
    Everyone else replied super fast, normally takes a week minimum to get a three page thread given how dead this forum is. 

Really? Usually guys here at WGT forum are very speedy, not to mention very helpful, frank and straightforward. (so much so that sometimes they make you face the reality real harsh. LOL But that's OK for me because I'm here to get facts, not for some "peekaboo" shite.)

I've found that I've posted in Equipment forum and it's been the latest post for a number of hours. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 12:01 PM

Robert1893:

Well, over the next couple of days, if I have some time, I'll try the RSi irons again. I never sold the set back, so I still have them. 

Right on! Keep us posted, Robert.

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Thu, Sep 8 2016 2:02 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    Right on! Keep us posted, Robert.

I will. I'll get a sleeve of the Nike black L90 balls and see how I fare with them. From what I'm reading here. that seems the approach to take. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,524 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2016 12:27 PM

Solarflares:

/.../

Straight out of the box with a 5.0 power ball - the V-forges and RSi2's play very close to their indicated distances , take off 5 yards for full backspin.   Dinging these clubs will produce reasonably-consistent accuracy and distance.

/.../

To finish , I'd say for dingers - the RSi2 will simply do everything better.

/.../

At least with that small-warning - no-one can say I wasted their credits for them.

SF, once again thank you for another long but yet very helpful post.

Your point is well taken, my friend. :-)

Regards,

Simon

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Sat, Sep 10 2016 8:22 PM

Solar, i must ask, why the RZN black's at 90 and not the RZN platinums? The Blacks are only 4.6 spin, only .1 more spin than my current RZN level 70s. I feel like It would be more beneficial playing a 5 spin 5 distance ball vs a 5.5 distance 4.6 spin ball, no?

• MrFunnyWobbl
    894 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2016 8:05 AM

Solarflares:

MrFunnyWobbl:

Solar, i must ask, why the RZN black's at 90 and not the RZN platinums? The Blacks are only 4.6 spin, only .1 more spin than my current RZN level 70s. I feel like It would be more beneficial playing a 5 spin 5 distance ball vs a 5.5 distance 4.6 spin ball, no?

Reply pending   stay tuned

raw

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Sep 11 2016 10:41 AM

I have all three balls in my inventory, and I like them all. All have enough spin to get you in serious trouble, and all can stop the ball on a dime. Truth be told, I'm still trying to decide which one I like the best.

RSS