Forums

Help › Forums

A Note to the Trolls

Thu, Apr 7 2016 7:13 PM (51 replies)
  • godelescher
    636 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 2:06 PM

For anyone who's been here for the last four years or more, I just want to say, WGT has been a fantastic game.

For those of you who are relatively new to WGT, quit complaining about multi-accounters, shots that don't go where you hit them, cheaters, and all the other things in life you think are unfair.

The truth is, there are are people who are better than you, and you aren't really as good as you think you are.

I used to know people here who were truly amazing, some of them are still here. Some of them are gone forever.

I remember RUNWME shooting the first 49 ever on WGT. It took him probably 50 balls and 300 restarts. I remember the arguments with Bolloxinbruges about whether or not he cheated until he started you-tubing his games to show that he wasn't. I remember hosting a tournament for the best players that was maybe the best non-WGT tournament ever and had a real prize won by a guy who became a legend (real legend, not the tier).

Anyway, hi WGT. I missed you. For all the forum trolls, you simply aren't as good as the best, so quit whining. For all of the forum lurkers, keep playing. You'll get better... really.

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 2:26 PM

Welcome back.....I remember reading your history of the "dormie"!

I doubt I will get better at this game, I have good days and mostly bad days, but for me the game has always been fun.

I will never be a top player, and respect those that have really learned the game to master it. Yes there are some you will cheat, multi-account etc, but I still believe the vast majority of those top players are simply that much better than us mere mortals.

But I also believe anyone that beats me.....they must be cheating :))

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 2:31 PM

godelescher:
    For all of the forum lurkers, keep playing. You'll get better... really.

Believing that lie will keep me playing for as long as I am physically and mentally able to.

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 2:36 PM

nice post godlescher, however I too have given up on getting better, I don't know how the others get that good, after 5 yrs I've accepted I won't. I curse and cuss WGT right along with everyone else. Then I sink an amazing shot and I keep playing. 

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 2:39 PM
    I may or may not get better...I'm still trying to figure out the difference between a forum hack, a troll and a lurker? ...oi vey
  • opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 2:46 PM

I am Reformed 

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 2:48 PM

I remember reading your history of the "dormie"!

Jeez! That was a long time ago. And yes, Alanti, anyone who beats you is definitely cheating.

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 2:49 PM

opyeuclid, nice to see you!

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 3:10 PM

godelescher:

I remember reading your history of the "dormie"!

Jeez! That was a long time ago. And yes, Alanti, anyone who beats you is definitely cheating.

LOL yep it certainly was......as for someone beating me cheating....I wish that was true, simple honest and brutal truth is I am lacking a skillset to play this game well.

But I always have fun, regardless of the result or my score.

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 3:17 PM

alanti:
    simple honest and brutal truth is I am lacking a skillset to play this game well

I still feel like I play this game better than 97% of people, probably you do, too. The difference is the top 3% play it orders of magnitude better than we do. (which is why I've hired a guy to track them down and break their index fingers)

Anyway, I'm glad to see some people from the "olden times". Keep swingin', Alanti.

RSS