Help › Forums

POACHERS

Sun, Jul 31 2016 1:51 AM (74 replies)
  • nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2016 2:18 AM

pdb1:

pdb1:
      Maybe even go a little further with a yellow status . Showing a member , in a CC , a member interested in reviewing and interviewing other CC's for a possible change at anytime . 

Ooh . Wouldn't that one go over well ? lol . 

Call Martha and the Muffins.

• GrahamB2014
    2,190 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2016 4:28 AM

Sorry to say I do feel some value should be attributed to club members in the form of a transfer fee.

After all if you are a new club attracting unexperienced players helping them to progress teaching them the club system etc only to have the move to a bigger club it becomes a bit personal.

I do not know what form the fee would be in problem until WGT setup the BANK system is who gets it?. I would suggest some form of transferable amount of XP to the selling club not credits as this is to mercenary all I want is some form of recognition that deters larger clubs from contacting members of other clubs. The XP would compensate the club by helping it level up with the extra XP.

Also seems WGT should fix the messaging system I tried to send a message to all my members but it does not seem to work. Finally is there a tutorial on how to use the various messaging options in the game, my new members seem to find it hard to do.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2016 5:44 AM

HELLO MR. HAMILTON !

• GrahamB2014
    2,190 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2016 6:09 AM

I agree a transfer fee is not really a good option but I would like someone to come up with a better alternative. Thanks for putting me straight on the idea did not know there was so much anti feeling against it will not mention it again.

Perhaps my definition of poaching is a bit to wide, I consider it poaching if I as a club owner I go to a players profile see that they are all ready a club member but I then still invite them to join my club.

I agree I do have to man up and not take it personally.

On the messaging side it was really sparked from one of my members replies; in as much that new members do not seem to know how to use them; even wall messages seem to be a problem for new players. . As you say I will just have to put up with the existing system and contact my members individually.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2016 11:28 AM

GrahamB2014:

Perhaps my definition of poaching is a bit to wide, I consider it poaching if I as a club owner I go to a players profile see that they are all ready a club member but I then still invite them to join my club.

And you would be right...........and you dont have to man up.........they do mate ;-)

Bubbs

• WillieSinkit
    1,744 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2016 1:39 PM

From someone who is regularly on the receiving end of them, I regard unsolicited CC invites as being similar to cold telephone calls, junk snail mail and spam email - totally unwanted, a nuisance and highly unprofessional.

I certainly wouldn't want to join a CC that had to stoop that low to recruit it's new members.

The sooner that WGT can can incorporate some sort of "CC invite block" into the system the better.

Willie

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2016 2:22 PM

WillieSinkit:

From someone who is regularly on the receiving end of them, I regard unsolicited CC invites as being similar to cold telephone calls, junk snail mail and spam email - totally unwanted, a nuisance and highly unprofessional.

I certainly wouldn't want to join a CC that had to stoop that low to recruit it's new members.

The sooner that WGT can can incorporate some sort of "CC invite block" into the system the better.

Willie

And what's even more galling is that some of these CC's don't have room for any new members...the recruits end up locked on a lengthy pending list.  Part of me finds the practice of poaching to be in very poor form, but part of me is glad they are recruiting only those people too lazy to check before joining, or who leave their current CC because the grass seems greener and they have no loyalty. In either case, the poachers are welcome to have them....buyer beware for both sides.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2016 1:25 AM
     ct690911:
    "similar to cold telephone calls, junk snail mail and spam email - totally unwanted, a nuisance and highly unprofessional."
    Paul...good idea to post direct quotes when commenting on them. Bad idea to attribute the quote to the wrong person. The above statement was made by Willie...not me.
    ct
RSS