Forums

Help › Forums

Bank

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 1 2015 9:15 AM (25 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2015 12:44 AM

What this place does well (E,G. Chambers) it does great.  What is does poorly is beyond abysmal, and communication / planning easily falls there way too often.

Levels - I never begrudge any one anything, but where WGT can go with it meaningfully for the leading XP clubs?  I simply don't see enough clubs with the inclination to be in that arena to allow movement.  Harsh and kudos to personal goals getting achieved but that's reality.  Maybe something small like a competition with a free set of balls for the winner twice a year is about all they could ever do.........Not going to develop that to an essay (phew you say), but that's it I think.  People in a place like the TPC get a guarantee of activity easily, and that's something too.  Smaller clubs can also be just as active but many are not, and it's not always as immediately visible.  

Bank - Tricky again and obviously not thought out again.  last thing they want is the creation of some deep web bitcoin laundering, well, not if they any plans to stay a golf site for long.  Any bank could / should have v limited caps on it.  That would be enough for fun, and the vast majority would, I think, be happy with that.  

Communication though..Marks out of 10 hard to give it 1.  And difficult to accept too busy when they work on clapping, and spend time altering it because they get told it's v silly (who would have thought).

I am not digging at the mods as they work with remits, but the companies handling of this stuff is dreadful.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2015 3:52 PM

Jimbog1964:

What this place does well (E,G. Chambers) it does great.  What is does poorly is beyond abysmal, and communication / planning easily falls there way too often.

Levels - I never begrudge any one anything, but where WGT can go with it meaningfully for the leading XP clubs?  I simply don't see enough clubs with the inclination to be in that arena to allow movement.  Harsh and kudos to personal goals getting achieved but that's reality.  Maybe something small like a competition with a free set of balls for the winner twice a year is about all they could ever do.........Not going to develop that to an essay (phew you say), but that's it I think.  People in a place like the TPC get a guarantee of activity easily, and that's something too.  Smaller clubs can also be just as active but many are not, and it's not always as immediately visible.  

Bank - Tricky again and obviously not thought out again.  last thing they want is the creation of some deep web bitcoin laundering, well, not if they any plans to stay a golf site for long.  Any bank could / should have v limited caps on it.  That would be enough for fun, and the vast majority would, I think, be happy with that.  

Communication though..Marks out of 10 hard to give it 1.  And difficult to accept too busy when they work on clapping, and spend time altering it because they get told it's v silly (who would have thought).

I am not digging at the mods as they work with remits, but the companies handling of this stuff is dreadful.

That's what I was thinking.  I'm not sure if it's WGT dragging its feet, as much as it is them trying to figure out how to implement it without it being exploited to hell and beyond.  Let's face it - we have some evil mofos out there.

• cdefghi
    2,872 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2015 4:21 PM

Bottom line = Bottom line

We all know that despite being against T+C's the only way credits are " moved" on here is to fix MP challenges, and intentionally contribuate credits to whatever. From that WGT gets their rake, and therein lies the dialema for them to institute a legit bank at no or low rake.

Very similar to the Multi-Acounters that buy duplicac equipment and balls. Why would a for profit company, especially one that's a gluton about it, want to solve that problem or loose additional bottom line by instituting a CC bank.

All I can say is dream on.

• kersh1976
    2,790 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2015 4:38 PM

Once the bank is up and running it will be like the ATMs we have over here. You will get charged for withdrawing your own money.

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2015 8:30 PM

Placeholders for features that may never see the light of day? Would you please put us out of our collective misery and fire your Product Manager? Like right now? Maybe we'll get extra lucky and find out this is the same person who thinks QA does not require a written test plan that is rigorously followed prior to each release.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, May 3 2015 9:50 PM

cdefghi:
    We all know that despite being against T+C's the only way credits are " moved" on here is to fix MP challenges, and intentionally contribuate credits to whatever.

No, there's other ways as well...

WGT has given us a "T and C" correct way though...as long as members are in the same CC, then there is Blitz...and a few l won't mention that just isn't right.

• Premed
    776 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2015 11:20 AM

it's something we are considering, so it's a place holder. it may come or it may not come. right now, no one knows but we are considering some ideas.

-wgticon

Well thats good to know, though really we kinda did give up on the ""coming soon" quite a while back. Perhaps if one of ur guys has a minute or two during the next update he could change the "coming soon" text with a real info message - for instance he could just copy and paste your above reply, especially the piece that says -  ""it may come or it may not come ......... no one knows""

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2015 12:38 PM

LOL, may come may not come nobody knows, what day is it, was that the front door or the back door, was i going up the stairs or coming down the stairs, was i getting in the bath or out of the bath........who knows

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2015 1:39 PM

WGTicon:
    it's a place holder. it may come or it may not come. right now, no one knows

Reminds me of Pebble Beach full course, somehow...

• EasyEdward
    13,500 Posts
    Mon, May 4 2015 3:25 PM

Before I say what I want to say I would like to point out that WGTIcon last May (or was it April) said that a CC Bank was in the works AND that WGT planned to have no charge for the transactions.

Now apparently that direct statement of a CC Bank happening AND whether there will be a charge or not is "under consideration"

= = =

I agree wholeheartedly with the comments above that a CC Bank could be abused.

BUT

The solution is quite simple actually.  In fact I pointed it out to WGTDbloshoe in September of 2014.

Make a CC Bank a benefit for attaining a specific CC Level.

For example, right now all we know is that the number of CC XPs to get to certain levels are:

CCXL 15:  25.6 Million

CCXL 16:  29.4 Million

CCXL 17:  34.1 Million

CCXL 18:  42.4 Million

CCXL 19:  56.8 Million

All WGT needs to do is say: "Your CC gets a Bank when you attain Level "__" The number WGT picks is a number that would take someone gaming the system cannot reasonably get to and expect to profit from it in their lifetime.

Lets say they pick CCXL 17 as an example. Even a player with 20 accounts could not expect to make that level in under 30 years. Simply, there will only be about 50 existing CCs that will be at or above Level 17 in the next TWO years at their current rate of CC XP generation.

However, members of a CC that wanted a CC Bank would spend credits (generating revenue for WGT) on CC Passes to get their CC a Bank. Best of both worlds.

EE

PS - What I also believe is that since WGT has no plans for CC benefits beyond their current "benefits" for attaining CC levels (and realistically cannot offer anything that would be an incentive for more CC Pass sales once one is in a CC at level 7 or above) is to do something like this as well:

Change the numbers for levels to an even 4 million per CCXL after CCXL 16. Just let it be a horse race for the next level and that should be enough motivation for the CCs. Simply there is no motivation when the next level is 14 million away AND many CCs will get to that level before you get to the next.

So:

CCXL 16:  29.4 Million

CCXL 17:  33.4 Million

CCXL 18:  37.4 Million

CCXL 19:  41.4 Million

CCXL 20:  45.4 Million

As a final aside:

The CC lists should reflect reality when one searches based on CC Level.

For example, the CC in level 10 that is the closest to getting to level 11 (The Jerky Meter) who will get to Level 11 tomorrow (or later tonight) did not even show up - while two other CCs that just made Level 10 in the last few days were in the "sort" based on CC levels.

One would think that if WGT can list "to the penny" the oder of CCs based on "winnings" they could properly sort the CCs based on CCXL.....

RSS