Forums

Help › Forums

ping I25 club set suck's

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 7 2015 5:50 PM (21 replies)
  • ISH47
    1,963 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 5:29 PM

Plenty of good experienced players that would have been happy to advise you before you made the purchase.. Next time ask for help.. That's what the people here do.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 6:24 PM

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 8:49 PM

People need to look at the stats and ignore anything wgt writes about any gear here, it is the dots + trajectory  and nothing else that people should look at !

low forgiveness like the I25 , what are they even doing in this game ??

2 forgivenes and same meter speed as r11 irons ,  those stats will only work for the autodingers.

I feel sorry for the OP , but most of us have made these mistakes.

Look for the forum next time you want to buy anything.

• ScottHope
    10,130 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2015 2:22 AM

I agree with Jim in the fact that the description of these irons is very inaccurate to say the least.

To say that they have a slower meter when they are second only to the fastest clubs in the shop is downright ludicrous.

If I were you Northernking, I would contact customer support, explain the situation and try to get a refund. I'm not saying you will be successful, but it's worth a try.

And WGT, I think the description above left should be amended as it is very misleading.

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2015 3:36 AM

The reason his irons are so fast, and I can't believe nobody looked first, is because he plays the starter balls with them.

He needs a slower ball to slow down that 2.5 meter of his irons.

Starter balls with my irons make the meter faster than The Flash.

just sayin'....

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2015 8:27 AM

CanineSupervisor:
    Starter balls with my irons make the meter faster than The Flash.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2015 11:02 AM

siggipj76:

I feel sorry for the OP , but most of us have made these mistakes.

Look for the forum next time you want to buy anything.

I did it too as a noob,  but all I did was take my lumps sell my clubs back and buy other ones lol.  Was a good lesson,  not to choose the clubs with most distance at the time,  super fast meter and low forgiveness.

Hopefully WGT takes care of the OP and fixes their descriptions.

Silver lining here,  the OP has found the forums.  Great place for fun, help and advice.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2015 11:26 AM

northernking11:
    This meter is faster than any type club I have used in the game.

Slow it down a little and I think you'll adapt just fine. They're good clubs. I played the early version of those for a long time and used the Tour-SD ball (I like a fast meter) but you can try the GI-SD ball-most of the free balls WGT gives away are the same-and it might just be enough for you to get comfortable with, especially because you're using the fastest ball of all in that starter.

There's another reason you might want to switch balls and that would be to take advantage of the distance and spin attributes of your new clubs. Trying to spin a free ball is not going to happen like it would with a ball that has some spin to it.

• SilverKNite
    79 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2015 12:12 PM

Isn't this a vague answer i mean like - the 5.0 meter speed would be slow compared to the 1.0 meter speed being fast for instance refrencing the Max Precision Irons for instance can't someone answer this persons question properly - i find it somewhat confusing as well couldn't the meter speeds be explained in a little more easily understood laymans terms for us beginners like the difference between a 5.0 - 4.5 - 4.0 - 3.5. 3.0 etc etc Forgiveness or Precision or the other types as well - i haven't found any reference like that in forum explanation

sorry i was referring to wgticon's remark the copy didn't post

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2015 12:43 PM

YankeeJim:

northernking11:
    This meter is faster than any type club I have used in the game.

Slow it down a little and I think you'll adapt just fine. They're good clubs. I played the early version of those for a long time and used the Tour-SD ball (I like a fast meter) but you can try the GI-SD ball-most of the free balls WGT gives away are the same-and it might just be enough for you to get comfortable with, especially because you're using the fastest ball of all in that starter.

There's another reason you might want to switch balls and that would be to take advantage of the distance and spin attributes of your new clubs. Trying to spin a free ball is not going to happen like it would with a ball that has some spin to it.

The I15's were at one time the best clubs offered on WGT. The main difference between the I15's and the I25's is the fact that the meter speed of the I25's ,believe it or not, is slightly slower than the old I15's were. 

RSS