Forums

Help › Forums

Absent owner - new CC restrictions?

Sun, Dec 25 2016 3:05 PM (62 replies)
  • irisheyez5
    1,753 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 1:38 AM

pdb1:
     Lol . IDK how the hell you came up with something like that ? Have another drink Gary . Have one for me too

hehehe  your funny  .............  fkn stupid but funny  .  

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 3:42 AM

irisheyez5:

pdb1:
     Lol . IDK how the hell you came up with something like that ? Have another drink Gary . Have one for me too

hehehe  you're funny  .............  fkn stupid but funny  .  

Dated 3 months ago...

"VOTSCC is Gary's CC of choice. Something I am very honored to accept"..                                      

Guess the bloom is off the rose?
  • ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 1:06 PM

A year has gone by since the last post. I take it to mean there has been no progress on this problem. 

I checked my account page and it has my actual name and address. Doesn't everybody? So why won't CS contact missing owners through the mail? Greed?

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 1:38 PM

ArgyleScott:

A year has gone by since the last post. I take it to mean there has been no progress on this problem. 

I checked my account page and it has my actual name and address. Doesn't everybody? So why won't CS contact missing owners through the mail? Greed?

WGT couldn't market "millions of accounts" or players or whatever, if they deleted dead accounts, multis and dead CCs. Amazing that a site with no viable competition carries so much friggin deadwood to fudge the numbers. 

ct

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 8:56 PM

Our owner has shown up. He had been hospitalized. I may bring up some of the options suggested here.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 3:09 AM

I agree with pdb1. More effort should be made to monitor CC's.

Maybe a solution to disappearing  owners is to give the directors the power to transfer ownership. It would have to have conditions of course otherwise there would be mutinies everywhere.

• jacktrade51
    10,948 Posts
    Sat, Dec 24 2016 6:41 PM

oneeyedjohn:
    Maybe a solution to disappearing  owners is to give the directors the power to transfer ownership. It would have to have conditions of course otherwise there would be mutinies everywhere.

3 months ago, I posted that 2 directors in my club have my password with authorization to go into my account and transfer ownership to one of them if I am absent without explanation for over 2 weeks.  That is the answer but club owner needs to do it, with director(s) he trusts.

Not WGT by some fiat.

(I went through absentee owner with 150 member club and we ended up creating new club from scratch.  It was pain in butt, started as level 1 two years ago, now we are level 18, but we made it work.)

In addition, I gave all directors in our club all owner powers that WGT allows to be shared with them ... creating tourneys, admitting members, etc.  Basically, owner can share all powers except terminating club, transferring ownership and ejecting members (or changing member status).  If one does that, club will function fine for quite a while with missing owner and maybe he will show back up.

RSS