Forums

Help › Forums

Absent owner - new CC restrictions?

Sun, Dec 25 2016 3:05 PM (62 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 2:58 PM

"BTW: What happened to ABOB CC in Leo's case? Did he transfer ownership in time, or was this the famous exception by the company?"

@Alosso:

Paul... Leo was one of three owners. When he passed away the remaining two owners elevated a member to replace him. I don't know the technicalities of how this was done.

ct

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 3:00 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, ct. I can imagine several ways to do it.

• roozilla
    630 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2016 7:33 PM

pdb1:

twinponds169:
    a great safeguard in the event that something unforeseen happens to a club owner. In our club, the owner sends a "Transfer of Ownership" email to a trusted club director. This is in the Owner Tools. In this email is a link and once the director clicks on it, he/she will become the new owner of the club. This email link does have an expiration, I believe about 2 weeks, so a fresh one is sent every two weeks.

So let me get this right . You are saying that presently , already provided in the owners tools . If I select a member . Say BillyBob . Click " transfer ownership " . This provides a form with the details of the selected new owner of transfer . Once filled out and sent  . Remains inactive in the prospective new owners in box for 2 weeks ? Does it automatically renew ? 

In order to see this option you must select a member then click transfer . That action does not automatically transfer ownership . But provides the option for the information to transfer if ever necessary .

Is that correct ? If so . Why is this not common information ? If the procedure is that simple . Knowledge of its existence . Potentially could have avoided the current epidemic of CC's with abandoned owners . 

I am not about to try this until I get confirmation . 

If this is the case . I am once again appalled at the lack of effort to insure that this feature is  known to exist as a safe guard . Rather than a last ditch effort . 

Of course I sent a copy to member services for confirmation. 

Ibelieve TP described this accurately

on the transfer of ownership a mail goes to the directors email addy supplied to WGT.

I HAVE FOUND THAT A GMAIL ACCOUNT WORKS BETTER THAN OTHERS

on acceptance of the club the director can send ownership transfer back to owner

our club has used this feature for 2 years without issue

Roo

• harryskunk
    1,631 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 12:42 PM

harryskunk:

alosso:

twinponds169:
    the owner sends a "Transfer of Ownership" email to a trusted club director. This is in the Owner Tools. In this email is a link and once the director clicks on it, he/she will become the new owner of the club.

You may want to clarify that this is a system email invoked by the Transfer Ownership function of the owner's tools, NOT a direct owner mail.

In the past, it was crucial that the designated new owner would receive WGT mails, but from a report in a parallel thread it looks like the mail is sent and the link is broken :(

you got it the link dont work after sent

so after leaving the club i cant be the owner of i tryed to start my own club and gess what error on screen i ve message wgt and waiting an answer lol iam getting older by the day

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sun, Oct 30 2016 1:12 PM

harryskunk:
    so after leaving the club i cant be the owner

Dunno - some CS reply seemed to imply that only members can be invited to become owners - "no sé" from here.

RSS