Forums

Help › Forums

Absent owner - new CC restrictions?

Sun, Dec 25 2016 3:05 PM (62 replies)
  • SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 5:10 PM

I was out of action for a few months, moving house to the other side of the country and a hospital visit but had regular phone and email contact with my Key People to keep the club going as smooth as possible until I returned.

No brainer really.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Aug 1 2015 6:13 PM

I once was a member of a CC with an absentee  owner. He made a few visits to WGT, but I missed getting in touch with him. Sent several messages thru the WGT system but never heard from him. I was trying t get him to give me ownership. The club still exists today with 250 members many of whom  have not played for several years. WGT, by not having a system to cull members or change ownership of clubs is able to say to their advertisers:" Look at all our members; this has to be a great place to advertise." Reminds me of the voter rolls in Chicago, once on them no one was ever removed even if they died, because they could vote in absentia.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2015 1:53 AM

HackWilson1930:
    The club still exists today with 250 members many of whom  have not played for several years.

And of course this; inactive members,  is what makes up more than 50% of WGTs current membership.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2015 7:33 AM

When my CC owner went off site for a couple of months he asked me to take over ownership in his place.. This was done easily by transfering with the owners tools... I cannot see any reason why WGT cannot make someone in the club temporary owner in the same way.. They can always hand ownership back if and when the original owner comes back on site....

Looks easy to me  maybe a bit hard for WGT staff  to grasp!!!!!!

Mel

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 1:32 PM

It's ironic that CC's which advertise; extolling the virtues of their membership and club philosophy, achieve somewhat limited success.

Yet many CC's which never advertise, nor are publically referred to, have pending lists of players waiting to join. These CC's not only don't actively recruit, they don't even have an ownership team in place.

Maybe Paul's snippet from the twilight zone intro is on point.

...strange

ct

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 2:39 PM

ct690911:
    Yet many CC's [...] have pending lists of players waiting to join.

These aren't waiting lists but dead lists of people who once were invited or applied but never fixed the deal.

I have seen players both in a CC and on it's pending list.

I have seen players in CC1 and on CC2's pending list.

IMHO, these are just leftovers due to a gap or something in programming: Open invites or applications should be deleted by the program after some (short) time but they aren't. This is left to the owner but why should he do the game's work?

In short form, the pending lists don't mean a thing.

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 4:12 PM

alosso:

ct690911:
    Yet many CC's [...] have pending lists of players waiting to join.

These aren't waiting lists but dead lists of people who once were invited or applied but never fixed the deal.

I have seen players both in a CC and on it's pending list.

I have seen players in CC1 and on CC2's pending list.

IMHO, these are just leftovers due to a gap or something in programming: Open invites or applications should be deleted by the program after some (short) time but they aren't. This is left to the owner but why should he do the game's work?

In short form, the pending lists don't mean a thing.

Thanks for clearing that up, Paul...makes more sense to me now.

cheers,

ct

RSS