Forums

Help › Forums

Absent owner - new CC restrictions?

Sun, Dec 25 2016 3:05 PM (62 replies)
  • AlaskanDamsel
    1,192 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 3:11 PM

DirtyDW:

I am curious as to why that person "YCGC Owner" couldn't send a 5 second email to their YCGC members...  Something is not right and waiting is not the answer as its been two months already.

On this one, I vote for the members of YCGC to make that call.  Give them options just as any brick and mortar club would do.  

DirtyDW

NoMan's Land GC

Thanks for that "vote" DDW.  It is NOT like our owner to be a flake; not one bit.  We actually fear for his life/death at this point.  If he had been tired out, he would have handed off.

AKDamsel

• EasyEdward
    13,500 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 3:43 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

EasyEdward:

WGTdbloshoe:

Is there a way for a new CC to purchase a larger CC OR does any new CC have to  start and build up using the CC XP system?

If the only way is the later that seems extreme because it would take well over a year (or more) to get there.

That I don't know.  I would have to talk to some other people to see how the system was set up.  I would have to think there was a way of doing it but not 100% sure.

- WGTdbloshoe

Shoe:

I checked with an owner of a CC owner and he stated that the "increase size of CC" button is now gone under owners tools.

It appears the only way to increase the size is through CC Levels and CC XPs.

A 250 member CC that loses their owner would have no hope of starting a new CC with 15 members, moving up in levels, and getting to Level 11 within any reasonable amount time.  Level 9 alone is 6.6 million CC XPs and that allows only 200 members.

Way over a year if the other members still in the semi-defunct CC (probably completely defunct if the current leadership in absence of the owner left) said they would join when they were invited.

I agree that WGT has both legal and moral reasons not to make a switch of owners. 

Maybe there could be some sort of other accommodation to the members who have contacted WGT with their support?  Maybe something like let them make a 100 member CC? At least that way the increase in CC size could be a little more rapid to accommodate others wanting to join?

Ed

• AlaskanDamsel
    1,192 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 3:54 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

There are many reasons why a owner may be missing, however we can't just take a club away from someone just because they have not been around for a little bit.  I wish I had a better answer for you, but the reality is they created it and to just yank it from them would wrong.

I know you all are frustrated but CS let me know you have sent in multiple emails and now you are posting in multiple different threads.  Spamming the forums and CS is not the best way to go about it.

- WGTdbloshoe

It has been more than "a little bit," WGTdbloshoe.  Two months, and our membership has scoured the countryside, real country clubs, registrars' offices, newspapers, and hospitals in the area we think our owner lived (northumberland).  Even tried the Land trust as he said once he had a lease provision to keep a certain squirrel population down.   We really want him back and do not take this lightly.  If he ever came back, from the brink of death or whatever, I'm sure akone12 would hand right back to him.

"Spamming" is from robos, unreal people, to other addresses that usually have no interest at all in hearing from the robo.   Our messages, in contrast, are from REAL people to people we THOUGHT had an interest in hearing from us.

And I have sent only one email to CS, BTW; the others are from other YCGC club members.  Not all are good at composing, so you got the same wording, but they are REAL people, too.

Or have you forgotten that REAL people paying REAL money are what keeps this site going?

Yep ,I'm frustrated, but trying very hard to keep this civil.  Wish I got the same civility in return, rather than name calling our messages "spam."

AlaskanDamsel

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 4:05 PM

AlaskanDamsel:

WGTdbloshoe:

There are many reasons why a owner may be missing, however we can't just take a club away from someone just because they have not been around for a little bit.  I wish I had a better answer for you, but the reality is they created it and to just yank it from them would wrong.

I know you all are frustrated but CS let me know you have sent in multiple emails and now you are posting in multiple different threads.  Spamming the forums and CS is not the best way to go about it.

- WGTdbloshoe

It has been more than "a little bit," WGTdbloshoe.  Two months, and our membership has scoured the countryside, real country clubs, registrars' offices, newspapers, and hospitals in the area we think our owner lived (northumberland).  Even tried the Land trust as he said once he had a lease provision to keep a certain squirrel population down.   We really want him back and do not take this lightly.  If he ever came back, from the brink of death or whatever, I'm sure akone12 would hand right back to him.

"Spamming" is from robos, unreal people, to other addresses that usually have no interest at all in hearing from the robo.   Our messages, in contrast, are from REAL people to people we THOUGHT had an interest in hearing from us.

And I have sent only one email to CS, BTW; the others are from other YCGC club members.  Not all are good at composing, so you got the same wording, but they are REAL people, too.

Or have you forgotten that REAL people paying REAL money are what keeps this site going?

Yep ,I'm frustrated, but trying very hard to keep this civil.  Wish I got the same civility in return, rather than name calling our messages "spam."

AlaskanDamsel

The way the email system is set up receiving the same message from multiple email addresses can be viewed as a attack to overload the system.  If it detects that it will block all those accounts and list them as spam.  I am just trying to warn you.  If the system lists your email address as spam, you are fully blocked and won't be able to send us any messages at all.

EasyEdward - I know the owner tools won't allow them, I am hoping there is a backend way of doing it.  To find that out I got to talk to some other people to see if it is even possible. 

- WGTdbloshoe

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 5:16 PM

i am sure there is a way...just allow them to start a new club with 250 members....this is a group of players who want to keep the same group together and without an owner the club will die

• AlaskanDamsel
    1,192 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 6:20 PM

WGTdbloshoe:
    EasyEdward - I know the owner tools won't allow them, I am hoping there is a backend way of doing it.  To find that out I got to talk to some other people to see if it is even possible. 

And that is exactly why I tried this Thread, in addition to CS --- because you -- Shoe -- have been helpful in the past and are willing to look for backends that I do not think CS is willing (or perhaps able/authorized)  to do . . .

Thanks.

AKDamsel

• AlaskanDamsel
    1,192 Posts
    Sat, Aug 30 2014 11:44 PM

courteneyfish:
    Perhaps WGT should add a new rule to cover this. If any owner shows no sign of movement for a month then the club is automatically passed on to the second in command. We'll have ranked officers soon.

Unfortunately, that wouldn't help us as there are no ranked officers and probably only an "owner" can authorize them.  Catch-22 Land.

But I would be glad if a new rule would help future CC's.

AKDamsel

• pmm711
    5,522 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2015 12:02 PM

Has a solution ever been created for this?  I think there should always be a #2 in command that has the same powers as the owner.  The owner would really have to trust the #2 though.

• EasyEdward
    13,500 Posts
    Wed, Jul 29 2015 8:41 AM

pmm711:

Has a solution ever been created for this?  I think there should always be a #2 in command that has the same powers as the owner.  The owner would really have to trust the #2 though.

Not yet.

The only powers a #2 can have at the moment is invite members, E-Mail members and Change the Welcome Messages.

If / When WGT adds remove members, change member status, forum management tools, homepage management tools and tournament management tools then it will be resolved IF the owner has appointed a #2 with all those powers.

• Ianzzz
    6,345 Posts
    Thu, Jul 30 2015 8:51 AM

pmm711:

The easy way for an owner to accomplish that (without waiting for wgt to act !!) is for the owner to give his/her own sign-in info to another player.  Would not have to even be a CC member - and wouldn't have to be a director either.  Doesn't every owner have at least one trusted friend on wgt !!!    I do . . . . . potential problem solved !!!!!!

RSS