Forums

Help › Forums

V E M !

Sat, May 27 2017 4:10 PM (485 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 11:41 AM

Tekoma:
    The funny part about all of this is that WGT has acknowledged that yes VEM does exist and how it works as well .

Well on at least 2 occasions misterWGT said that yes it exists but it has never been implemented. 

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 12:35 PM

lonniescott711:

V.E.M. stands for virtual equipment module . If you use the search box >>>>>>>>> you will find many threads on this topic , including an explanation of how it works . So basically VEM is the name of the program and deviation is what it does . Its what makes your shots go long or short and also gives you the results that you get when you hit those bad shots as well .

Now every shot that you take will not be deviated or altered by the games program . Can your account be targeted by wgt , yes it can but its not . The amount of deviation that you get will be based upon your skill level , and that is determined by your average . The lower you play your average down , the more deviation you will begin to experience . Its not your stats that determines the amount of deviation , again its your average .

TX Lonnie.

,,,,,,,,,Now this said ^^,  I feel that VEM can be implemented on an individual basis. If so that is what I have a problem with.

TX for some really good input.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 12:38 PM

borntobesting:
    Well on at least 2 occasions misterWGT said that yes it exists but it has never been implemented. 

Joe, I must have missed MisterWGT saying VEM has never been implemented.  Could you cite your references please?

There was his initial comment on VEM back in 2010 where he said  "Whenever you equip a club, it’s performance/output will NEVER change based on your score, a tournament, who you are playing or, most importantly, your tier."

But I always thought there are dozens of other parameters in the game VEM could change such as wind, slope, the distribution of deviations to name a few.

lonniescott711:
    The amount of deviation that you get will be based upon your skill level , and that is determined by your average

A couple of minor things Lonnie.   According to the patent, VEM effect come into play based upon changes to your skill level.  And I've not seen it said officially that skill level is determined by average.  Changes in average might be part of the equation along with IMO changes in other measures.

Once the changes to your skill level exceed a set threshold, either positive change or negative change, VEM steps in and makes the game harder or easier respective to the direction of change.  It is stated in the patent VEM exists to keep players interested

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 12:40 PM

VEM= i suck ,so i need to blame something ....

• lonniescott711
    4,184 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 12:50 PM

Tekoma:

It is not my quote BTBS !...belongs to lonnie.

It all goes back to the threads posted concerning VEM . Although Mr.Wgt may have stated one thing , the game it self shows other wise. WGT also stated that it could be used to target a players account on an individual basis but they dont use it that way as well , and that it was up to the players as to if they believed that or not .

Dont worry Tekoma I stand by what I have said and it can all be found in the threads by using the search box >>>>>>>>> and that is all that it takes . So no matter the disclaimers being made , yes it exists and no it will not affect every shot causing poor results   In all honesty I think it safe to say that in perspective it will only affect your shots about 20% of the time . The other 80% is all player error .. 

@ Andy the reason I say its based on average , is because that is the part of your game which is always changing . When you play well it comes down and poor play it goes up saturation excluded . It may also be a combination of scoring plus average as well . The exact program operation we will never know thanks to WGT .

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 1:18 PM

lonniescott711:

The amount of deviation that you get will be based upon your skill level , and that is determined by your average . The lower you play your average down , the more deviation you will begin to experience . Its not your stats that determines the amount of deviation , again its your average .

That's the definition of VEM but I have found the clubs you use make a huge difference...

For me, the better the clubs get and your knowledge of the game grows  the WTF shots almost disappear...

the monthly Virtual Tour tournaments and RG's will start messing with your shots when you think it is going to be a great round but the weekly unlimiteds and single plays don't!

When it does kick in it usually the wind, shots coming up long/short or putting speeds/break...when it is putting it isn't just THAT putt, it is all of them

For instance, no matter what your avg. is, your on the #7 fairway -6, or #8 -7, you better expect the next approach to be messed with(VEM'ed)...if you have 133 yds into a 11-13mph wind I will most likely hit a 135 club with topspin ...so I expect the VEM to let it fly like there is NO wind and adjust accordingly which is working for me..expect it and compensate.

So if I didn't hit the shot how do I know it worked right....well I don't, but I have had a thousand similar shots that ended up going 138yds instead of 133yds before so I try to minimize the damage to the round...does it always work, NO...thats why I practice my putting so much!

If your new or playing with lower level clubs your equipment and experience isn't up to snuff yet, your gonna have bad misses...WTF shots will improve if you want to pay the price and put in the time, not get worse as the definition indicates.

My favorite posts are the guys who post about the shot that did this that or the other using level 3? - 5? irons/wedges and a high spin Nike ball, and can't believe what just happened on the shot...welllll, one of the 1st things you should notice here is that the accuracy rating for those clubs is pretty low so ANY mishit will be exaggerated, and a high spin ball will turn a 15ft miss into a 30ft miss almost all day long with any wind...if your using high spin nikes with low level clubs your not only wasting money, your setting yourself up for disastrous results because that ball held the green once or twice...

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 1:58 PM

lonniescott711:
    @ Andy the reason I say its based on average , is because that is the part of your game which is always changing . When you play well it comes down and poor play it goes up saturation excluded .

Saturation is a huge exclusion though.  500 rounds at legend while avg. only goes down.  Add to that the changes in average/tier due to winning tournaments and beating higher tiered players in match play challenges.  And then there's average manipulation by sandbaggers or cherry pickers.  Player's average is just too unreliable to be a big part of it IMO.

Anyway, we can agree that we will probably never know unless we get MisterWGT drunk and get a video of it. ;-)

RSS