Ball Retriever

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 12 2014 11:24 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 1:53 PM

Rocko33:

we need a ball retriever for the water/OB so we get our balls back.

1) You need it?!? Are you prepared to pay the price for this necessary(!?!) item? Any price, covering the revenue losses plus the programming?

2) Your balls? Read the T&Cs - you don't own the balls, you don't own anything here! You and me only have a revocable license to use the site, the game and the software bits: Clubs, balls, avatars, credits...

AFAIS, this license expires when the ball is registered as OOB or in the water. End of the story!

My 2 Pfennig: If losing balls is too expensive for a player, he should increase his income / earned credits or use less expensive balls.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 2:16 PM

Ball retriever? you must be joking!

Not in a million years WGT would do that. Balls are the best seller article in the shop.

I get the chills just to think how many MILLIONS of people buy balls every single day here at WGT!!!

.....ugh, more chills.

Eric

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 6:39 PM

alanti:

So I am in favour of getting a random ball (make and life) in lieu of the lost ball. 

For entering some tourneys or on some big Golf Weekends or Holidays we do get random GB's. Then a lot of folks complain they don't want them or can't get rid of them so they hit them into lakes or OB starting the cycle all over again. ;)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 7:16 PM

CerinoDevoti:

alanti:

So I am in favour of getting a random ball (make and life) in lieu of the lost ball. 

For entering some tourneys or on some big Golf Weekends or Holidays we do get random GB's. Then a lot of folks complain they don't want them or can't get rid of them so they hit them into lakes or OB starting the cycle all over again. ;)

LOL CD - you do have a very valid point. The single balls given often seem to cause angst in parts of the community! Personally I do not understand this but hey, I am but a simple man.

if nothing else, they are good for CTTH and practice.

• mgbirish
    4,019 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 8:30 PM

How about realistic drop zones if you happen to hit a ball in the water on a approach shot? Not a drop into 40-50 rough! Or behind a tree, or in the bushes, come on WGT!

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 8:47 PM

mgbirish:

How about realistic drop zones if you happen to hit a ball in the water on a approach shot? Not a drop into 40-50 rough! Or behind a tree, or in the bushes, come on WGT!

Add that to the list of things people want but they care nothing about 

• MARKDMK
    231 Posts
    Sun, Aug 10 2014 9:14 PM

Rocko33:

we need a ball retriever for the water/OB so we get our balls back.

The best golf ball retriever money can buy. 

• SplashLewis
    358 Posts
    Mon, Aug 11 2014 5:26 AM

for balls that roll into the water or just a couple of feet out, you can retrieve the ball, but it will cost 20 hits on the ball (or whatever WGT decides).  The retriever is 650 credits.

• Rocko33
    41 Posts
    Tue, Aug 12 2014 8:46 AM

It would be simple for WGT to put in place just a code cake walk

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Aug 12 2014 11:24 AM

Rocko33:

It would be simple for WGT to put in place just a code cake walk

Has been discussed before.  There is too much grey area when it comes to ball retrieval.  Doubt this feature will ever make it into the game.

- WGTdbloshoe

• PAGES
RSS