Forums

Help › Forums

Who am I ?

Fri, May 17 2024 4:32 PM (2,558 replies)
  • Dharla
    316 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 11:02 PM

A hand held 3-axis gimbal stabilizer.

• Yiannis1970
    3,271 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 11:08 PM

mobile phone gimbal!!!

Damn...i was close. It was my 672822525164141419022722th guess!!!

• ScottHope
    10,137 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 11:20 PM

Lol.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2021 2:35 AM

ScottHope:

WigerToods2010:
    Is it a selfie stick?  😉

I'm giving it to you Johnny because you are essentially correct. I was looking for mobile phone gimbal or just gimbal. But it was quite difficult.

Yaay! Thanks Scott.

I'm only in it for the fun. Could you please inform Mr. Opy to forward any prize on offer to the the member below as their reply tickled my ribs somewhat.

bossbird:

Ok , I have it !! It’s a man photographing a liquidiser , being used in his garden , but the man has no ears , but is very COVID aware , is socially distancing and has made his own mask out of scraps of material from his wife’s patchwork quilt material box ! 

Cheers all.

• ScottHope
    10,137 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2021 3:23 AM

Cheers J, I'm sure Opy will get the message as he keeps an eye on this thread. Lesley may pass the prize on too. But will wait a few days for any moderated posts to come through before any final decision is made.  ; )

• ScottHope
    10,137 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2021 7:37 AM

Dharla:

Sorry Dharla, looks like you posted four minutes after I posted the answer.  : (

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2021 3:33 PM

I've never even heard of a gimball (I guess I'm over that certain age you alluded to), but I did say holder, referring to the so-called gimball  :)

Just as a matter of note, my 'gimball' is my hand (which I also said), although I've never taken a selfie, nor will I ever!

Oh, and by the way, here's what I pieced together...

(Do we still have to put in the 100% when posting images?)

• ScottHope
    10,137 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2021 1:21 AM

I'm surprised that you have never heard of a gimbal (one el) Mio, as they have been around for some time, think ship's compass.

You did list 'hand' and 'holder' but they weren't the answer I was after and you went with 'camera' anyway.

I think you have to be quite comfortable with the way you look to be a selfie fan.

Looks like you put a lot of effort into chopping up that picture, kudos!

No, you don't have to put 100% into the dimensions box when posting images anymore, except when posting on someones wall, then you should. WGT have added some CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) to the forum and blog posts so that any posted picture will never be larger than the post area width.

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2021 3:23 AM

ScottHope:

I'm surprised that you have never heard of a gimbal (one el) Mio, as they have been around for some time, think ship's compass.

You did list 'hand' and 'holder' but they weren't the answer I was after and you went with 'camera' anyway.

I think you have to be quite comfortable with the way you look to be a selfie fan.

Looks like you put a lot of effort into chopping up that picture, kudos!

Damn it, didn't see that loophole in my arguement!  ;)

EDIT:  Oh, it's gimbal, one el.  That explains everything.  Well, to the trained eye it does  :)

• Dharla
    316 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2021 4:24 AM

MioKontic:

Oh, and by the way, here's what I pieced together...

You did a great job with that MioKontic! Mine looks pretty sad in comparison, lol.

Even looking at it I didn't know what to call it so I googled "motorized selfie stick"....pffft...lols... but it was smart enough to find the gimbal stabilizers for i-phones.

ScottHope:

Dharla:

Sorry Dharla, looks like you posted four minutes after I posted the answer.  : (

It's all good Scott, I had fun trying to piece this together. Thanks for the puzzle and congrats to the winner.

RSS