Forums

Help › Forums

Who am I ?

Fri, May 17 2024 4:32 PM (2,558 replies)
  • spa75
    336 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 1:18 PM

Evening all,   well I'm stumped,   is it a  Robo mower.  

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 2:07 PM

ScottHope:

It is a tricky one this week. There is a high probability that if you are over a certain age you will not own or ever use one of these. But they have been in existance, in one form or another, for hundreds of years.

Doing this via my mobile and  the text is microscopic and I've sausage fingers so bear with me....

2 hours later...

Is it a selfie stick?  😉

• spa75
    336 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 2:23 PM

A motorised baby rocking chair.

• spa75
    336 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 3:04 PM

A Nintendo wii controller and accessories .

• bossbird
    2,196 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 3:26 PM

spa75:

Didn’t even know they existed ! But it’s a great shout , either that or a pushchair 

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 3:51 PM

Having pieced together the main part of the jigsaw, very little that can be seen has been around for hundreds of years.  Possibilities are (and these are generic things)... hand, mask, holder, wall, but the one I'm going to go with is...

CAMERA.

First designed in 1685 by Johann Zahn, but the first photograph was taken in 1814 by Joseph Niepce.

If it is a camera, then this quote...

ScottHope:

It is a tricky one this week. There is a high probability that if you are over a certain age you will not own or ever use one of these. But they have been in existance, in one form or another, for hundreds of years.

... I would say is incorrect, it should say "... if you are UNDER a certain age you will not own or ever use one of these"... because everyone uses their phones to take photos these days.

• Zzyzx01
    1,253 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 4:52 PM

Possibly a cam-corder.

• bossbird
    2,196 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 7:42 PM

A bbq

• spa75
    336 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 9:36 PM

A baby monitor 

• ScottHope
    10,137 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2021 10:58 PM

spa75:
    Evening all,   well I'm stumped,   is it a  Robo mower. 

'tis not a robo mower Shane.

spa75:

Not a motorised rocking chair.

spa75:
    A Nintendo wii controller and accessories .

Nor is it a Nintendo wii.

bossbird:
    Didn’t even know they existed ! But it’s a great shout , either that or a pushchair 

It's not a pushchair.

MioKontic:
    CAMERA.

It's not a camera Mio, sorry. Although there is one in the picture, it's not main object in the photo.

Zzyzx01:
    Possibly a cam-corder.

It's not a camcorder, very old skool there Henry.  ; )

bossbird:
    A bbq

It's not a barbeque Lesley.

spa75:
    A baby monitor

Neither is it a baby monitor Shane.

WigerToods2010:
    Is it a selfie stick?  😉

I'm giving it to you Johnny because you are essentially correct. I was looking for mobile phone gimbal or just gimbal. But it was quite difficult.

I know mobile phone gimbals haven't been around for hundreds of years but gimbals have been. Ships have used them to keep their compasses level for a long time, and a mobile phone gimbal just keeps your phone steady while you are recording a video with it. Not something that an old geezer like me would use but they are pretty cool devices.

Well done Johnny, that was not an easy one for sure.  ; )

RSS