Forums

Help › Forums

VEM "Virtual Equipment Module”

Tue, May 3 2016 10:35 AM (104 replies)
  • sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 9:22 AM

MainzMan:

Wow, my post is being held up as an example to others.  Thanks Jim.

Denn, I think the problem is that people see you blaming VEM for every shot that doesn't go where you aim it.  This may well not be the way you're thinking but I think some of us see you looking for a scapegoat and you've chosen the obvious but, in this case, wrong one.

That was a very nice post.

Denn, MainzMan is very very good so any advice he gives you is like totally worthwhile!

• borntobesting
    9,629 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 10:06 AM

YankeeJim:

denn13:
    I would love to learn more about getting better.  Hopefully I'm not as dumb as some on here may think even though I finished university 40 years ago

Some helpful reading. If you were a programming manager you shouldn't have any trouble understanding these informative threads.

Sgt Bilko's explanation.

MainzMan's

Eternalspirit's

There is also a very good explanation of VEM written by very good former player WGTniv. 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 12:30 PM

borntobesting:
    There is also a very good explanation of VEM written by very good former player WGTniv. 

Would love to read it, do you have a link?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 12:55 PM

andyson:
    Would love to read it, do you have a link?

I think Sting's talking about the post Nivlac made as WGTNiv about how the game works and deviation. I went looking for it and stumbled across this old thread (Jan 2010) when VEM was first discovered. Interesting reading. MisterWGT weighs in on page 4.  :-)

WGTPizza weighed in on a direct question about VEM here.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Apr 15 2014 1:47 PM

YankeeJim:
    I think Sting's talking about the post Nivlac made as WGTNiv about how the game works and deviation.

I think you're right Jim, the "WGTNiv circle of precision post" is all about how club's precision rating generates deviations from where you aim.  Its not about VEM

• David7578
    34 Posts
    Sun, Jun 7 2015 1:37 AM

I think I know now the reason why 2 to 3 out of 10 shots with my 60y cleve falls short at least 15y when I aim at 45y for a 40y hole at st andrews first hole... And I get water.

Those shots felt like I was in 30-40% lie rough, when I was on the fairway. I love those wedges, except in those situations that felt wtf...

I play st andrews a lot to lower my average. And hole 1 really feels like there's no trick to it.

Those cleves allow me to get lots of under 3y approaches, regardless of wind as I feel the adjusments I make work.

So when with no wind, that glitch started to appear, it really felt strange. I'm now very sorry to understand where it seems to come from.

RSS