Forums

Help › Forums

putting aimer box is atrusive

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 16 2015 9:10 PM (9 replies)
  • bobbyhshome
    25 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2014 2:23 AM

That blue box at the end of my putting guide line is always in the way of seeing the last foot or so of the lie, on long putts its not as bad, but when you have a putt of 3 ft or less, i see the box not the lie, is there anyway that WGT can move that part out of the way, say over top of the shooters head or so, at least that way its still viewable but not in the way of what I'm trying to accomplish, like making the putt.

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2014 3:18 AM

Move it

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2014 4:03 AM

Like Garry said, just drag it beyond the hole, but then of course the numbers will be wrong don't forget.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2014 4:14 AM

"Always" is only 50% true - it applies for reverse views. So, it should not be a problem to compensate while aiming, but those who putt "reverse" on a regular basis will have it in their way with no chance to get rid of it - moving it would spoil their putt.

I also see nothing which WGT might do, except for adding an option to display it below the triangle and below the hole.

Don't hold your breath for this modification! LOL&L!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2014 5:28 AM

I have a bigger problem with the dang avatar. It's supposed to become transparent when you aim through it but that doesn't always happen. How about an option to just have the avatar disappear on the green? Putt in first person.  :-)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2014 7:10 AM

HELP! What does atrusive mean?

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2014 8:01 AM

Sweetie, you're a girl, girls are intuitive. ; )

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2014 9:22 AM

Sweetie,

' Atrusive . adj . Comes from the term, 'a true sieve', a phrase used in the US during the early gold mining era. It was a derogatory term used by miners to describe someone sieving for gold upstream from them. This was shortened to 'atrusive' because no one could understand what they were saying. It is now used as a term to describe something that gets in the way of what you are are trying to achieve. One of the last words to survive from this era as 95% were profanities.'

Quote taken from the Oxford English Dictionary.

And Yankee I absolutely agree with you about the avatar, that is a right pain in the butt at times.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2014 10:47 AM

SweetiePie:

HELP! What does atrusive mean?

I believe the OP was wanting obtrusive.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obtrusive

• keidan
    311 Posts
    Wed, Dec 16 2015 9:10 PM

alosso:

I also see nothing which WGT might do, except for adding an option to display it below the triangle and below the hole.

Don't hold your breath for this modification! LOL&L!

They might be able to change just one number for the box's blue fill color from "near opaque" to "near transparent" (keep border/text as is).  Confine it to just the greens, or green reverse view, as the opacity for the the blue box on drives/approaches seems fine and not so intrusive.

Ok, well... it might not involve changing just one number.  Maybe let sleeping dogs lie :)

I just think that the recent lock/unlock grid update on the green is a great improvement that makes the game flow better...  a near-tranparent box would be cherry on the topping where you would get quick and more accurate views of the lie without having to move the grid around in most cases.

-Keith 

RSS