Re: How do i change Screen resolution

Sat, Jul 8 2023 11:54 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Nighthawk095
    1 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 6:53 AM

Hello There
    As i can't seem to contact customer services i thought i would try here,

I can't see the option to change the screen resolution or to log out? if it's at the bottom of the screen i can't see that on my screen as the resolution makes the game screen go right down so if there is a gears icon at the bottom i can't see that! im unable to maximise it either WGT do make things hard it seems, i tried uninstalling it but when i re-install wgt the same settings are set. Don't know why there isn't an option at the top to change this! also can't log out either, i guess that is at the bottom aswell?

Thanks in advance
    N

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Feb 8 2021 9:19 AM
    When you launch the game you will see a play button at the bottom of the WGT Launcher window.  Hold down your control key, then click the play button. DO NOT release the control key until the WGT Golf Configuration window appears. Now release the control key and select your screen resolution setting. Check the windowed mode checkbox, ignore all other options then click play.
  • NJF70
    1 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2021 10:53 PM

That's a great tip - thanks - it fixed my view! Go well

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Sat, Mar 13 2021 1:16 PM

Thank you bud.

Thanks also to WGTShamWow for the information.

Note To Self:
    NJF70 might be a bot.

• ROriordan1
    1 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2021 9:31 AM

hi Scott,

i am having same issue as  NJF70 and Hluhuwe but when i went to the solution you recomended it does not work,

have you any other tips to fix this

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2021 12:59 AM

Hi ROriordan1, it is important that you don't release the control key until the configuration window appears, so make sure you do that. The configuration window may also appear minimized to start with, so it'll just be an icon on your taskbar, click that to make the config window pop up.

• ElderMage
    2 Posts
    Tue, Sep 14 2021 11:47 AM

That did it! Have looked for some tip on the site, but found nothing that addressed this issue. Perhaps it's there, but it must be obsucure if it is. Thanks so much Scott!

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2021 1:10 AM

You're welcome ElderMage, thank you.

• kdownunder
    1,462 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2021 10:57 PM

ScottHope:

When you launch the game you will see a play button at the bottom of the WGT Launcher window.  Hold down your control key, then click the play button. DO NOT release the control key until the WGT Golf Configuration window appears. Now release the control key and select your screen resolution setting. Check the windowed mode checkbox, ignore all other options then click play.

Thanks very much Scott.   I found a fix last night, after posting on here, by reducing the display size in my Mac Preferences.   This enabled me to access the WGT Settings button - but of course everything reduced in size - those putting dots were mere specks on the screen LOL.   Anyway it seems an overnight sleep did something, as it's better but still not the same as it was.   Scratching my head ... why fiddle with something that wasn't broken when there are SO many other things that need fixing ... but mine is not to reason why, as the saying goes.   Thanks again, I will remember that tip for next time:)   Catch you on the tee sometime.   Cheers Kay

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2021 1:02 AM

You're welcome Kay, thank you.

I'm not a programmer and never will be, but I have dabbled a little and know enough to know that it's very easy to break a program when making changes. So many things are connected to each other within a program that breaking it, even though you don't want to, is the easiest thing to do.

See you out there.  ; )

• PAGES
RSS