Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What is going on

Mon, Mar 29 2021 10:16 PM (48 replies)
  • SamSpayed
    4,890 Posts
    Wed, Feb 17 2021 5:25 PM

SamSpayed:

The fact that it is happening to multiple players, on all platforms (PC, Mac, Steam, mobile), and ONLY when launching the WGT app, points to something on WGT's side.  Again, I've told them exactly where to look to find the problem.  All they have to do is look there.

---

EDIT:  He was finally able to get in and play around 9:00pm CST tonight.  No changes made on his end.

UPDATE:  I suggested to my friend that he find and install a VPN of his choosing and try to connect to WGT while the VPN was running.  It worked for him last night, and again tonight.  Here's what he had to say:

Just tried WGT, would not load. Connected to a Chicago server thru VPN. WGT loaded instantly.

Maybe this information will help WGT track down what is happening.  

In the meantime, he told me he is going to cancel his monthly WGT Premier Membership and use the money to pay for his VPN.

• SamSpayed
    4,890 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2021 10:28 PM

pdb1:
    I was very curious about this . Trying to understand how to keep connected to a VPN while loading PCEA .

It's simple.  Start your VPN, then launch the PC app using the Launcher.  Launching WGT will not disconnect you from your VPN.

• SamSpayed
    4,890 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2021 6:43 PM

pdb1:

I'm pretty sure one has to exit the browser/VPN to be able to launch a standalone desktop app .

Anyway . Assuming the VPN is running in the background . On the task bar . So far I don't see a difference in the load time .

You don't have to exit your browser or VPN to launch the WGT app.  Once you start your VPN, it will run in the background.  While it's running, any apps you have running that use the internet (browser, WGT, etc.) will go through that VPN tunnel.

• borntobesting
    9,622 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2021 8:28 PM

When I read your post Friday I set up a VPN it really helped. I couldn’t get on at all this morning until I started the VPN again.

• nolan60
    176 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2021 12:39 PM

pdb1:

I have been trying everything .

Best load time.     Worst load time

No browser .              6 minutes plus .   Or not at all

Firefox Browser .       2:59                           5:04

Firefox add on VPN .  2:47                          5:34

So far it seems as though the add on VPN works better than anything else . But not by much . And not consistently . I haven't set up a real VPN yet .

That's just load time to the game client . Finding a player and loading a coin game takes 5 minutes plus . Players no longer stick around for me . I am now getting charged with the coins . Losing 19,000 coins every time . With no holes played . The game not even loading all the way before they quit and get the coins . 9 times that has happened now .

First thing i would do is setup a real vpn that's the only way you are running a true vpn service ... there are a few good free ones out there

nolan

RSS