3,468 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 7:26 PM

pdb1:

Simon . Here is a better list .

Whoa! Even more! LOL Thanks, mate.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 9:36 AM

I have wondered if someone had worked on something along these lines... but my mind prefers to see things a little more organized ... and it would also make certain threads or topics more easily found in a search.

Some topics have multiple threads ... so I often wondered if someone created a list of various categories rather than one long list... such that doing a search on "putting" for example would bring a thread on Putting with a list of various putting threads versus trying to dig up multiple searches and finding what to sort through.

I believe the thread topic would need to focus on the most common searches and then within each of those common searches a List could be found of various threads or discussions on those topics.

some obvious examples:

Putting tips thread (sub categories... speed control, aiming, ding vs miss ding)

Approach shots - shreadsheet calculations

Managing Winds - distance and aiming

Short Game approaches (pitch / flop / punch shots)

VEM - Variance and UFO's

A - Z - some of the best discussions or humorous threads

Of course even a thread like the one you started could contain the list of each of these and more topics..  Unfortunately.. I am certain there are things I haven't come across and others who have been around a lot longer than me.  I did do a bit of research to learn the game so anything I have collected I would be happy to share...

Here are some samples of Putting threads I collected and looked at:

A few putting links: Tekoma - JCSneed - StoneCold Nivlac - Young46 - AgentBrown123 -  Naturali  - 11BC2appears to be removed) - Gold's (old one April 2012 I hadn't seen but haven't tested)  -  ???Simple   - newer version of JC Sneed on ipad by babzilla33 

• callaghan159
    6,216 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 3:38 PM

Fartman56:
    what thrill does WGT get out of *** me.

Squeeze your butt cheeks, it makes it harder for them.

Fartman56:
    what thrill does WGT get out of *** me. You need to fix this wind *** you got going on.

When I was younger we called it a p***y fart.

Fartman56:
    You need to fix this wind

It is hurricane season in the USA is it not. Could be part of your problem.

Fartman56:
    You have already lost 90% of your players

Probably explains why A/S games are hard to come by lately.

Cheers

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 7:49 PM

pdb1:

So even though I am a big proponent for specific LISTS . Keeping them current isn't easy and comes with a price ,

No doubt, lot of info there.  Another one might be links to the various shot / wind calculators.... pinhunters version, Bilkos, Kats, plus the various options shared by players to do calcs quick mentally or on a calculator.... versus using complex spreadsheets.

But yes... some topics are not as common... but for those that are... could save time.  But then maybe the search is part of the journey... 

RSS