Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 1:04 PM

Welcome to WGT Early Access for PC

As you may already know, many browsers will no longer support Flash by late 2020. We know many of you play WGT on your desktop (using Flash) and we’ve been working on a solution for you so you can continue playing after Flash support ends. The short answer for you is that WGT will live on as a free standalone game on your computer, and you’ll be able to continue using the same account you started in Flash.

We are sharing an Early Access build of this new standalone client so players can enjoy the experience as well as give us meaningful feedback on what works well and what we can improve.

“Early Access” means that you get an early look at this version to see what the future will look like. It also means that the game is currently a work in progress (NOT final), is still a little rough around the edges, and is still missing a number of features including the Flash exclusive game modes. We’re actively working on and adding to the standalone version and will be making regular updates to bring over the missing features as well as add new features and improvements. It’s important to us that this new standalone game is at least as good as our Flash game has been for many years. Most importantly, we want YOUR feedback to help make this the best version of WGT.

If you have spent time with other versions of WGT you’ll notice that the feature set in this first version is very close to the mobile game. Many Flash-only modes are currently missing and will be added to the game over time.

Thanks in advance for taking a look and sending your feedback!

You can download the game for Windows HERE

MacOS version coming soon!

Please keep all feedback to the WGT Early Access Forum. THANKS!

_CHAMPION 

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 1:51 PM

Champion,

a couple quick thoughts from a few holes played.....without spending a ton of time looking at settings, etc..  

I putt with the reverse view.  When I click on the aim spot to move it, the back half of the grid disappears---showing the dots, etc.  Also, the aim spot "flag" is very large and covers the dots showing the break, etc.  Not being a mobile player, I don't know if there is a way to change any of that.

I also like the ability to just roll the mouse wheel to be able to change clubs. Looks like that is gone as well?

Seems like I have to move the mouse almost the entire screen to get a full power swing...a bit annoying.

The hole map and camera view icons used to be on the right...any reason they are on the left..not a complaint or issue...just curious. The hole map is smaller now. I used to aim drives from the hole map without changing the camera view. A bit less precise now with a smaller map...

thanks,

Duc

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 2:32 PM

Thank you for the feedback.

We're adding support for spacebar to change cameras and scroll to change clubs. 

On mobile the reason the mini map is on the left is because the swing circle is on the right. 

In your settings if you move the swing circle to the left the mini map will move to the right. We're working to make the mini maps larger and add the option to move the aimer from the map. 

Additionally if you turn off the swing circle the map will stay where you last had it. 

_CHAMPION 

• Dave33200
    2,929 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 2:47 PM

Hi Champion.

Just one quick note. I would like to see a feature to be able to drag the screen to what ever size you wish. Currently in this version it gives me the option of four, 800x600, 1024x76, 1366x768, & full screen.

I like the full screen however when I do that my task bar is no longer available.

Thanks

Dave

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 2:54 PM

I saw this has already has been asked, but not answered...

If I download this new game system, does it "override" the old browser way to play?

If so I will wait until it is debugged....

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 3:04 PM

fatdan:

I saw this has already has been asked, but not answered...

If I download this new game system, does it "override" the old browser way to play?

If so I will wait until it is debugged....

You'll still have access to both the new version and Flash. If you see that the WGT website no longer has the PLAY NOW button just log out using the MY ACCOUNT dropdown in the top right and then log in again. 

_CHAMPION 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 3:08 PM

Thank You, I just read that in the other thread but thanks anyway, much appreciated...

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 3:24 PM

Young46 is streaming now, the new and improved?

looks just like the mobile version

• Young46
    1,291 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 5:27 PM

My thoughts on it. Something not listed in the video ... the meter speed is the same regardless of the irons, I tried it with my irons and starter clubs and both moved at the same speed.

RSS