Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2020 4:29 AM

smittji:
    I have found where I can put myself unavailable/available in the settings. Is there a way to see actual friend status like in the old flash game ? 

It looks like you have found the Online / Offline toggle in the Options area of the Launcher (PCEA) version. If you have it set to Online you will be "Green" and if you have it set to Offline you will essentially be "Red" as it will be greyed out and not green.

You can access this option from the main screen (little gear icon in lower RH corner) but you can also access it anytime you are in the middle of a round or match by clicking on the top LH menu in game where there is a settings option.

In order to see your friends ACTUAL status, they would need to be changing their own options toggle from Offline to Online and vise versa, otherwise their status will always show as Green(available) or Greyed out(unavailable)

Unfortunately as of right now it is only a manual option so there will be times when your friends are online so it will show as Green but they are actually in the middle of a round or match already. Maybe WGT could look into changing this to some type of auto option that if you have your status as Green it switches temporarily to Grey anytime you are in the middle of a round.

• mikegooner0
    13,860 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2020 5:49 AM

BoonJuice:
    Can someone give me a definitive answer on how many yards is on the grid when aiming wind offset yards?

can someone answer this question which i dont think has been answered...chip view and pitch view on approach?

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 7:08 AM

I was going to contact WGT directly with this suggestion, but they say to contact them this way...

Requests and Suggestions

If you have ideas on how to improve World Golf Tour please let us know in the Forums.

Setting up club tournaments appears to be exactly the same as in the Flash version - except there is no option to have the round last for 5 days. In my club, most of our tournaments last for 5 days...3 is often not enough time for many members, but 7 is too many - our events have "seasons", so 7 days per round would really stretch them out.

Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to add back in the option to have a club tournament last for 5 days, can it?

4,132 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 7:14 AM

Other options I have noticed missing are the ability to specify custom tees and a cutline.

• SamSpayed
    4,904 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 8:55 AM

mikegooner0:

BoonJuice:
    Can someone give me a definitive answer on how many yards is on the grid when aiming wind offset yards?

can someone answer this question which i dont think has been answered...chip view and pitch view on approach?

Mike, it's been answered:

jacktrade51:
    I came up with each box is 3x3 yards, but I am happy to be corrected with better info.

and 

Yiannis1970:
    It's easy however. Every whole grid in pitch mode view has 15 boxes...so 15 x 2 = 30 feet.

Both answers are correct.  If you see small grids, they're 2 feet square.  If you see large grids, they're 3 yards square.

Hope this helps.

• smittji
    1,194 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2020 3:40 PM

Thanks for the answer/info/ Hopefully they will update this item !

• DoctorEagle
    1,312 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2020 8:18 AM

Just tried the PC download version and feels/looks/acts like a game that is meant for a mobile a device. Not a good thing.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2020 7:42 AM

Cant seem to find the forums on new version...club or wgt. Please help . TIA🙄🙄🙄

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2020 8:11 AM

callaghan159:
    Cant seem to find the forums on new version...club or wgt. Please help . TIA🙄🙄🙄

CC Forum - There is a button on your CC page. 
    WGT Forums - There is no direct button as far as I know. I think you can get to it by going into settings and help/faq but it’s not direct. 

One thing I’ve never understood  in the 2-3 years I’ve been here though is how many times this issue of needing to access these things from within the game itself is asked (Flash, PCEA, or Mobile)  
    Even when you click on a button/link it takes you to one of the pages on the WGT.com website. None of the pages are really “IN” the game and almost all of the extra pages are just a standard website. 

SOLUTION  
    - Go to your web browser (Chrome, Firefox ect) on your computer and even on a mobile and open this page https://www.wgt.com/home.aspx   
    - Or you can use this direct link WGT.com Home Page   
    - Then save it as a bookmark for easy access. You can even send that book mark as a shortcut to your desk top and put it right beside you Launcher shortcut. Then any time you want to see these pages (Profile, News, WGT Forum, CC page & Forum, ect) it’s right there and can even be open simultaneously next to the game itself. 

RSS