Forums

Help › Forums

ping I25 club set suck's

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 7 2015 5:50 PM (21 replies)
  • northernking11
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 3:50 PM

I just spent $40 to upgrade my clubs thinking I could be more competative. What a waste of money. These clubs are terrible. I would advise anyone considering an upgrade not to purchase these clubs. They are terrible. The club review led me to believe they had one of the slowest swing meters in the game. That is not the case. This meter is faster than any type club I have used in the game. I am disgusted with these clubs and the people who run this game. WGT thank you again for ruining my experience here.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 3:57 PM

northernking11:

I just spent $40 to upgrade my clubs thinking I could be more competative. What a waste of money. These clubs are terrible. I would advise anyone considering an upgrade not to purchase these clubs. They are terrible. The club review led me to believe they had one of the slowest swing meters in the game. That is not the case. This meter is faster than any type club I have used in the game. I am disgusted with these clubs and the people who run this game. WGT thank you again for ruining my experience here.

I would give them more then 1 day of play to make a determination on their playability.  As with any new club, you need to give yourself time to get used to them.

- WGTdbloshoe

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 4:03 PM

i25 irons are only 1795 credits  if that equates to $40 then theres something wrong m8

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 4:12 PM

Always a good idea to ask for advice, or just read the forum about upgrading your irons.

Yes I can't see why anyone would like the I25's 

fast with no forgivness, you would have been much better of having the 75 lvl bladez.

Or at tour pro the g25 lvl 59 irons would have been more than enough..

look for advice in the forum before your next buy.

I do rentals before buying anything.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 4:18 PM

adaputter:
     if that equates to $40 then theres something wrong

He bought the whole set.

05 Jan
    northernking11 purchased the PING i25 Full Set (L69+) in the Pro Shop.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 4:21 PM

northernking11:

These clubs are terrible. I would advise anyone considering an upgrade not to purchase these clubs. They are terrible. The club review led me to believe they had one of the slowest swing meters in the game. That is not the case.

Of course they are terrible. Instead of going by WGT's tagline of 'and a slower swing meter', you just have to look at the specs to see they have a very poor rating for meter speed - the same as the L90 R11 irons which have one of the fastest meters in the game.

Perhaps you have a case to ask customer services for a refund or a swap given how misleading WGT's jargon is though. Give it a go.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 4:25 PM

my bad thought he said the irons

• Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 4:44 PM

This is why you should rent the clubs before buying, just to make sure you know what your buying. That being said I had a look at the pro shop advert for these clubs and it gives the impression that they have a slow swing meter. Someone who is new to the game and not familiar with the ratings wgt uses in item specs could easily be fooled. It would be cool if he could get a refund but they probably tell him to buy slow meter balls now. . 

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 4:45 PM

fmagnets:

northernking11:

These clubs are terrible. I would advise anyone considering an upgrade not to purchase these clubs. They are terrible. The club review led me to believe they had one of the slowest swing meters in the game. That is not the case.

Of course they are terrible. Instead of going by WGT's tagline of 'and a slower swing meter', you just have to look at the specs to see they have a very poor rating for meter speed - the same as the L90 R11 irons which have one of the fastest meters in the game.

Perhaps you have a case to ask customer services for a refund or a swap given how misleading WGT's jargon is though. Give it a go.

Considering this was Icons answer to a *faster or slower meter question* you have a right to be upset.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Jan 6 2015 4:46 PM

fmagnets:

northernking11:

+1

Just as regards the irons though yes they look awful.  The description also looks to be a bit of a skew up:

Go into the clubs main general buying page and see this:

Tad different, and therefore naughty in effect, from the pro shop shelf page which said this:

Good luck, and as said elsewhere ask in the forums as well before you buy.  Consider even waiting for the L85 Nikes OR see if new clubs come soon (see forums on latter too).

RSS