Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Scott's tips.

Fri, Apr 12 2024 12:26 PM (748 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2023 12:57 AM
    WBgoober :
    ...but still had "tiny" WGT! Saw this thread and thought .... I'm desparate to keep my consecutive days going. What if it's some kind of virus? Didn't care, at this point I was ready to chunk it and get a new one. BUT  .... VOILA! it worked and I'm a happy golfer. SCOTT, the miracle worker.  THANK YOU!!!!

Cheers WBgoober. Great to hear we got you back up and running again.  ; )

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2023 1:22 PM
    Here's something I was unaware of that may interest you. If you don't like to narrate your own YouTube videos and not have closed captions available as a result of that. You can manually add captions (subtitles) to a video after uploading it.

Click the image to see how

More...

⇩ EDIT : Cheers Ken.   ; ) ⇩

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2023 2:05 PM

NICE

Thanks Scott

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, May 11 2023 9:23 AM

Some more recently discovered (for me) YouTube closed caption options.

If you click the three dot menu under the currently playing video...

...and that video has closed captions, you should see a 'Show transcript' option in that menu, click that and all the closed captions should show in a transcript window beside or below the video.

The captions will highlight in sequence as the video plays and if you click any one of the captions, the video will jump to that position. There is a three dot menu at the top right of the transcript window where you can toggle the timestamps on and off, I guess that makes it better for copy pasting the captions should you want to.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, May 21 2023 2:12 AM

In return for an anticipated fix I'd like to offer you an opportunity.............How can I see wind etc again ?  

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sun, May 21 2023 2:53 AM

That's ugly. Sorry Dodgy but I don't know how to fix that.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, May 21 2023 12:21 PM

Weird, I restarted the app a couple of times and then restarted the computer, all to no avail. Finished the round as it was, next round it's fine. 

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sun, May 21 2023 12:50 PM

Okay Dodgy, good to hear it sorted itself out.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2023 1:54 PM

After a recent interaction with a friend, my curiosity got the better of me.

If, in notepad or one of these message, you hold down your (left) ALT key, then type the numbers 0 1 8 9 on your number keypad, then release the ALT key, what character, if anything, appears?

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2023 2:13 PM

Screenshot-2023-05-26-171203

RSS