Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Scott's tips.

Fri, Apr 12 2024 12:26 PM (748 replies)
  • shing1
    443 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2022 10:29 AM

just a update for u scott

shop people did the advanced uninstall you recommend but nothing has changed

they seem to think it probably is a wgt update error

ive contacted wgt about it , so waiting for a reply now

just wondered if anything else i should try (would have to be very simple tho..lol) or do you think maybe the next update might put it right??

cheers

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2022 11:04 AM

Thanks for the update Pete. I can't help but feel that the error is with the machine itself.

Can I ask what happened to the laptop before it went to the shop for its first fix and what did the shop do?

• shing1
    443 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2022 11:23 AM

i thought it was the laptop itself too at first but as they pointed out that cos i can move the direction cursor in the map on the side of the screen nad not the main screen its probably a update error

laptop went to the shop cos needed a new wifi card (wasnt connecting to wifi) and the battery wasnt charging, they replaced the battery

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2022 1:08 PM

Okay Pete, thanks for that.

Can you find your downloads folder in Windows explorer?

If not, here's how...

1. Press the Windows key and E on your keyboard.
    2. In the window that opens, on the lefthand side, click on Downloads.
    3. In the list of files on the right, look for the WGTLauncher.msi file. It might not have .msi at the end.
    4. Hover your mouse cursor over the WGTLauncher.msi file to view it's tooltip. What is the date in the tooltip?
  • shing1
    443 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2022 7:56 AM

hi scott

to save everyones time i just got the shop to reset to factory settings and now everything is working..:)

thanks for all your effort to help me, very much appreciated mate

as for the date you wanted, i did get him to take a photo of the page, so if curiosity is gonna get the better of you i can send you them somehow if you want?

cheers

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2022 9:26 AM

Glad to hear that all is now working Pete. No need to worry about the pictures though.

Thanks Pete and you're welcome.  ; )

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 12:36 PM

If you have received help from Scott's tips, now you can play with confidence with this limited edition bobblehead..

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2022 1:12 PM

"Hit with Hope", love it!  : ))

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 11:08 AM

If you don't like the way YouTube 'shorts' videos are displayed on your computer, you can edit the URL.

SHORTS URL format...

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_2me_Yvltik

REGULAR URL format...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2me_Yvltik

SOLUTION...

The trick is to replace the ' shorts/ ' part of the URL with ' watch?v= ' then hit enter.

Thank you.  ; )

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Fri, Aug 26 2022 11:40 AM

Another useful tip! Thanks, Scott.

Is there a way to completely eliminate those "shorts" videos so that they don't show on my list at all? I find the vast majority of them are just click-bait garbage.

RSS