Here are the highlights from today's product release. While we make an effort to include all updates made to the product, please note that occasionally some changes are unintentionally omitted.
St Andrews Front 9 Stroke Play Course
The front 9 holes of St Andrews are now available for stroke play rounds. Play the historic course from tee to green in practice, ranked, multiplayer, and match play rounds. The fairways and greens are a lot more firm so be ready to play links-style. The course will also be featured in stroke play tournaments starting March 1. To accommodate the larger greens on St Andrews, all putters have been modified to enable a 300ft swing meter. Be sure to familiarize yourself with this increased range as it offers you more flexibility and options when putting on each course. Have fun on the course!
Earn Real Luxury Items
WGT now offers the Elite Collection, a selection of real-world goods that you can purchase in the Pro Shop using WGT credits. The Elite Collection was created to reward players for their hard work and skills by offering once-in-a-lifetime trips, amazing automobiles, golf equipment and gift cards from top merchants. Browse the collection today--what will you save up for? Read more >
Try Before You Buy
To begin the rental process click on the RENT ME button when looking at a club details page in the Pro Shop. You can rent any club as long as it is available to your tier. Currently you can rent clubs for one day at a time, but we will have more rental durations available in the future. Read more >
Online Status Color-Coding: Find more players to golf online with
You now have more options to show your online status! Select one of the following states by clicking the My Status bar on your Friends widget. Read more >
- Ready for a Game: choose Any Type, Stroke Play, Match Play, or Challenge (Match Play Challenge), and let like-minded players find you
- Available: makes you available to any player on WGT
- Available to Friends Only: only your friends can see that you are available
- Busy: lets players know that you are online, but not available for a game
- Hidden to Everyone: shows you as offline to everyone
New 2010 TaylorMade R9 Irons (pro +) – more precise than ever!
The 2010 TaylorMade R9 iron features a classic look and shape that appeals to players of all levels. The Velocity Control Chamber delivers a significant increase in ball speed to promote greater distance. Optimized Inverted Cone Technology increases ball speed on off-center hits for maximum distance and control. These features contribute to the longest and and most precise iron ever for Pros.
Play St Andrews in Style
For the perfect outfit to play St Andrews, check out our new avatars featuring plus fours and ivy caps!
- The hole location status for ready-go tournaments should no longer all say "Easy". The correct value (Easy, Medium, or Hard) should appear now.
- The score card should no longer be counting putts from the fringe.
- You should be able to see the putting grid again for putts that are 150ft or longer.
- If you start a ready-go tournament and it ends before you complete it, you should no longer be stuck in "tourney mode" state.
- The "standard" green speed has been fixed to perform as expected.
- The putting elevation is displayed in inches when the distance is less than 2 ft.
* Note: you may find some avatar positioning problems on the first hole of St Andrews if you hit a ball into the water in front of the green. In some cases your avatar may appear to be standing over the water. We are working on a fix, and if you see this problem in the meantime please right-click and submit a bug report to us.