Forums

Help › Forums

Being John Daly

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 29 2010 11:48 PM (6 replies)
  • FreddieLove
    58 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 11:51 AM

I have become hooked on this show. John has really done alot for himself. Very funny and talented guy. If you have not seen it, you need to check it out.

Freddie

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 8:36 PM

I tried it, Freddie... and I even like the guy.  Glad to see that he's gotten his wieght under control and has a prospect for a couple of extra days here on the planet... (and I think his Loudmouth pants are seriously cool!)...

But, when he had his little pity-party I had to turn it off.

Dude, you're a grown man who's been through tougher times than this.. and NOW you want to fall apart with the cameras on you....

Nope... back to the Haney Project for me.  (And no, Romano will not break 80... he's too anal.)

Peace

• FreddieLove
    58 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 6:27 AM

Yeah, he has been through alot.....mostly brought on by himself. I think the pity - party was more of a "damn, I"m glad I seen the light" type thing. Question is, how long will it last for him?

I have to disagree with ya though.... Ray will do it!

Freddie

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 8:27 AM

I have the pleasure of actually knowing Daly, at least well enough so that he would speak to me when he sees me.  I have watching the programs, although I missed the one last night.  JD is a strange guy, he has about a dozen different issues that he has dealt with over the years, alcohol, smoking, gambling, weight, you name it.

JD has made his own bed.  He has 2 majors and has made around $85 million over his career and he has nothing today.  It is hard to feel sorry for someone like him but for some reason you always do.  He has had about 4 bad marriages ranging from a wife who was 10 years older than she told him to one whose family was dealing drugs and using JD to launder the money with his gambling.  The program should be interesting as it goes forward to see if he really gets straight this time.

Ray has a few swing flaws but Haney is great.  What is his handicap now, I thought he was about 12 to 15 which would make me think he should have already broke 80.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 9:37 AM

TarheelsRule:
    Ray has a few swing flaws but Haney is great.  What is his handicap now, I thought he was about 12 to 15 which would make me think he should have already broke 80

Problem is, according to HH, RR can't get out of his own way...

RR said he hit 80... once.

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 1:59 PM
    I only got to see a little bit of the program. I was trying to remember what RR handicap was from seeing him play in the pro-am at Pebble Beach. It is a little rare to see someone with a handicap below 15 who hasn't at least broken 80 once in his golfing career. Hope he makes it Haney will do well but as you saw with Barkley, taking it from the practice range to the course isn't easy when your coach isn't riding with you.
  • rehill
    431 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 11:48 PM

I enjoy it, but I enjoy just about anything on the Golf Channel.

RSS