Forums

Help › Forums

Showcase Leaderboard Glitch?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 26 2009 4:16 PM (7 replies)
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Feb 21 2009 5:12 PM

I seem to be the master of odd occurrences around here. 

I clicked on the 'Tournaments' tab and was brought to the tournament homepage.  I scroll down to look at the showcased standings and I see this...

I thought I was in 3rd (on a tie-breaker) but it looks to have transposed Kev and me.  When I click on 'View Full Leaderboard' it changes...

If I refresh the full leaderboard page it reverts back to the standings in the first pic.  I've seen this happen quite a few times in a past few days.  Is anyone else seeing this?

Cheers

• NASAgolfer
    96 Posts
    Sat, Feb 21 2009 5:56 PM

I see the exact same thing:

- The shortened leaderboard shows you in 2nd

- The full leaderboard shows you in 3rd

- Refreshing the full leaderboard shows you in 2nd

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Feb 23 2009 1:48 PM

Alex, all you need to do is go to the Tournaments page and scroll down to the Featured Tournament section(Feb Shopping Spree Open), note the position of CKEVIN2 and nivlac, then click on Full Leaderboard, and note how their position changes.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Feb 23 2009 1:58 PM

Yup.  Add to that each time you refresh the full leaderboard, it'll keep swapping our positions.

I can still email the images if need be but, my hosting doesn't usually stay down too long.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Feb 26 2009 11:09 AM

Hi nivlac, it turns out you and CKEVIN2 have the same scorecard and are completely tied. So what you are seeing is the system is not trying to put you in any particular order because you have the same scorecard. If you two end up being the second place winners for this tournament, we will give you both a second place gift card. Normally we would add up the second and third place values and divide them between you, but we won't do that until we have a better way to handle these kinds of ties in a real-world prize tournament.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Thu, Feb 26 2009 11:53 AM

I seem to recall that in the tournament rules, you used to have the stipulation that in the event of a total tie(as described above), the person who posted the score first was determined the winner, though scrolling through the rules now I don't see that anymore.  Perhaps that could be the ultimate tiebreaker in future tournaments?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Feb 26 2009 3:24 PM

You're right, they are not in this month's rules, but they will be starting next month.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Feb 26 2009 4:16 PM

Wow, I guess it had to happen eventually.  Thanks for checkin' into it. :)

RSS