Forums

Help › Forums

Easiest Eagles...

Wed, Nov 1 2023 2:16 PM (32 replies)
  • JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 12:44 PM

What is the easiest hole to eagle in WGT?  And this question is more for Legends, because once you move in to Master tees it almost certainly becomes St A #9... or 10... or 12.  But from the tips, which hole is the easiest to eagle?

Some choices:  Congressional #6?  Oakmont #17?  Kiawah #7?  St A's #5?

My vote is actually RSG #14.  I was messing around with a CC tourney at best of famous holes B9, trying to see if I could start the tourney with an albatross, and eagled it just about 1/4 of the time, and about 1/3 of the non-eagles were due to being unable to reach the green due to wind.

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 7:30 PM

Tough to say.

If you have a bit of a tailwind, 14 at Kiawah becomes easier to eagle. 

Maybe  6 at Congressional. You can go for it with wind, or lay up and hole it that way. Done both.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 7:32 PM

Eagles can be far and few between, I'm closing in(slowly) on my Daimond Eagle award.

Depending on wind of course... St.A is a good one. 

Out of left field though...lol...  Maybe the 6th at Beth... Approach shot just past the pin and let the B/Spin work back in hole.

-Roger

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 7:48 PM

mantis0014:
    Depending on wind of course...

This is the whole story from a Legend players standpoint for making eagles. There are a lot of par fives that will give an eagle score if you can only get the right wind. High winds no doubt offer the best chance. Just be cautious in wind compensation and hitting the ding. GRRRRR! The ding! : )

Very good point Roger.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 8:19 PM

With about 120 eagles, that is a hard question.

• MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 10:28 PM

with a good tailwind, andrews #9 can give you a long eagle putt.  but that hole is certainly easiest to eagle for other tiers.

q

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 10:43 PM

SweetiePie:

With about 120 eagles, that is a hard question.

I thought you'd have had more.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Apr 13 2012 11:19 PM

If you live on Cabo, Eagles would rack up nicely. 

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sat, Apr 14 2012 12:00 AM

It depends on the tees and equipment. Assuming Legend tees and good equipment, I would say Congressional 6. If you get a good drive you should have a clear shot at the pin. (Personally I would never try to bump the ball onto the green by threading it through that little neck of fairway, bit if you do hit the water you should still get up and down for par.)

Others: St. George's 14, Bethpage 4 (with the pin in the middle of the green), Bethpage 13 and Oakmont 4.

A number of the par 4s at St. A's are drivable under certain conditions, but I wouldn't call them easy eagles.

It is easy to reach the green on the par 5s at St. A's, but very hard to stop the ball near the hole. On those holes it is often preferable to be on the fringe or fairway for a safe birdie rather than being on the green in 3-putt territory, 50 to 100+ feet from the hole.

(This is all leaving Cabo aside. It has any number of reachable par 5s and drivable par 4s. There are also a couple of good eagle opportunities on Whistler.)

RSS