Forums

Help › Forums

Can't login

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 19 2009 1:18 PM (3 replies)
  • Denogginizer
    2 Posts
    Tue, Feb 17 2009 6:01 PM

I've got 3 different computers, all running on the same network. 2 can login just fine and play, but the third, my main computer won't allow any logins at all.

I've tried logging in on the main page, and within the game itselft, and each time I get the same "Unexpected Error". The only way I can actually play is if I make a new account and never log that account out, or playing as guest.

Anyhelp, I've tried clearing my browser cache, flash cache, using 3 different browsers, etc. I've just run into this problem with this computer and am lost as to what to do. I've used this computer to play about a week ago, and am wondering if something changed that only affected this one computer.

Thoughts?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Feb 18 2009 5:05 PM

Are you logged into the same account on different computers?

Is the third computer set up and configured the same way as the other two? Are the browser configurations the same?

• Denogginizer
    2 Posts
    Wed, Feb 18 2009 8:40 PM

Have 3 accounts, none were logged in when I tried.

I figured out the issue in a round-about-way. The third computer is connected to a wireless router through the ports in the back with cat5. The working computers were connected to the wireless network. Not sure how it makes a difference, since I was getting internet through that port in the router to begin with, WGT didn't like that. It's now on the wireless network.

Tried forwarding all ports and turning off firewall.

The only thing that would work would be to create a new account then play off of that, which would work until I logged out from the flash game then tried logging back in to the same account I just created. I'm thinking there was a problem with the network authentication not liking my direct connection to my router.

I'll think I'll try to recreate the problem over wireshark and find out if packets are just getting lost or corrupted or what. Maybe it will help avoid login issues for others.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2009 1:18 PM

Ok, though we would like to remind you that you may only use one account to play WGT. In fact if you play in tournaments with more than one account, you risk being disqualified and/or banned from the site. Thanks for understanding and let us know if you have any questions.

RSS