Forums

Help › Forums

March Doubles Match Play Tournament

Sat, Apr 4 2009 11:15 PM (50 replies)
  • goldenglove
    42 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2009 1:52 PM

i  made a mistake  on that   blog     it should  say   " he knows it on the 2nd tee

• goldenglove
    42 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2009 1:56 PM

all the 1st tees   should   be 2nd  in that whole thing    sorry  i was   amped

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 10:47 AM

I reckon the warning was on the first hole, but I admit that I might be mistake because it took us one hour to play the first two holes. If bobmarokk could tell us when he thinks it was it would be easier.

In any case, I never protested about the warning. I clearly stated in my first post about this that I got it because I was talking. The one I complained about was the second one, the penalty one, when I hit the button fifteen seconds before time and it ignored me.

If you guys really want to win this badly (which it looks like you do, because the sensible thing to do when I got the penalty stroke would have been to say: OK, you let us off on a couple of things on the first hole, we'll let you off here, cos there was a glitch) then go ahead and continue to protest anything I do.

This will be the last thing I say on this matter, because this is not our own tournament, there are also many other people who want to start their first Doubles experience, and we have to get out of the way. When Bobmarokk tells us what he thinks about the warning (although, as I say, I didn't protest about that one), nivlac should make his final decision. I'm not going to argue on here for three or four days just to go through to the next round of a friendly Tournament.

Edit: I've seen your comment on Tibbets wall in case you thought I hadn't.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 11:59 AM

Alright, fair enough. Bob?

Also, I don't want to see any of this "writing on other people's boards talking crap" nonsense.  If folks can't behave like gentlemen in these competitions then I'll just plain kick ya out without sweatin' in.  I don't really care.

• bobmarokk
    21 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 12:46 PM

First of all, there where lots of things about 1st hole that wasn`t right when we did the replay, but its ok, let us forget it. 

As I remember there where two "run out of time" on seveking on hole 2, but I have no doubt believing what he said about that second "run out" .Remember who was the "slow loader" yesterday? on every hole we had to wait for seves loading. 30sec before time run out there was no talking, just waiting for the putt to come. I am sure seveking was aware what would happen if he let the timer run out.

Anyway if no tie break is done, I will say congrats to coastal connection and good luck in round 2

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2009 2:13 PM

Alright, here's what we're gonna do.  Replay the match under the new conditions.

At this point, we have one complete match, one match in progress and this mess here. 

I'm rebooting the entire tournament. This does not affect anyone who hasn't played their match yet.  Proceed as normal if you haven't started before today.  It's a short tourney, and all rounds and matches need to be played under the same game conditions.  We can't have some folks playing 6 holes one way and 3 holes a brand new way (with new equipment mid-round so to speak).  I also can't ask the Seve group to play a 1 hole playoff under completely new conditions.

This is partially my fault because I shouldn't have started the tournament early.  I knew the update was coming and for whatever reason I either neglected or ignored it.  This is the best way to solve this problem and my blunder at the same time.  Sorry folks... my bad. :(

All relevant parties involved in complete or current matches have already agreed to restart their matches under the new game conditions.

First round will be extended until March 15th.  So basically, it's like today is Day 1 all over again.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2009 10:35 AM

I apologize for the lack of updates here.  All results are now current.

• dmace2
    44 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2009 12:46 PM

nivlac--

Clarification:  wizpoppa and International played our match on the 7th.  Do we or don't we get to replay?

Doug

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2009 6:33 PM

No, replays were only necessary for those who played before March 5th.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2009 1:09 PM

Goldenglove and I played the first part of the 2somes match between CostalConnection and Team Europe. The results were:

HOLE               1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Seveking          3  5  3  4  3  4  4  3  4

Goldenglove    5  4  4  6  3  4  4  3  3

RSS