Forums

Help › Forums

Distance Accuracy

Tue, Mar 10 2009 11:37 AM (5 replies)
  • FCJuggernaut
    1 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2009 10:42 AM

Can someone explain to me a few things? I hit a 170 club at 90% with wind in my face of 4mph and the distance is 180...but another time with roughly the same conditions and it is 165...same hole. Another issue is how I can line up about 5 yards right of the hole, with wind at 1mph, strike the ball perfectly and the ball sail 20 yards to the left of the hole. I can be playing a perfect round, then have one of these two situations occur and throw my whole round outta whack. Are there tricks that some of the more experience players have found that I have not? Please advise.

• mhancock
    2 Posts
    Thu, Feb 19 2009 2:08 PM

I am experiencing the same thing with my rounds too. I am a newbie "hack" and thought it might just be me that was having this problem.  I also don't really understand the wind issue. It can be blowing 4-7mph right and then after aiming to the left and hitting a perfect shot, it still goes left.  I love the game and it is very challenging but these are things that don't make a lot of sense to me either. Putting is a whole different group of problems but I am getting better at this.  The wind and aiming seems to be worse in the skills tournament than in practice too.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2009 3:39 PM

I found I was having this issue as well.. until I looked at the slope and lie.  I have found that if I am sitting on a side-hill lie, right off the green, I need to adjust for the lie otherwise the ball sails "downhill".

When I can judge that my ball is on a down-slope, I adjust for a lower trajectory because the hill/my stance will take a bit of loft off the club in relation to the green.

Either that, or I have just been getting extremely lucky with the adjustments in aim that I am making.

My $.02

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2009 8:09 PM

Funnily enough, the slope of the lie makes absolutely no difference to the shot as the game stands up to this point.  With the changes that will be implemented soon it will though.  You've got the right idea for how things will be at least lol.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2009 10:59 AM

If what you say is true, that there is no difference in the shot due to the lie (and I have no reason to not believe you), then that means 2 things to me.

1) I have been getting extremely lucky with the adjustments I have been making...

and 2) that, when you have the EXACT same shot (yardage, club, wind, swing strength, and impact) and get two or more wildly different results, the game engine is flawed.

If the game engine is flawed then it is NOT the most realistic golf game on the 'net.

Both facts above are disturbing to say the least.

• Keith35
    20 Posts
    Tue, Mar 10 2009 11:37 AM

If you look at your clubs stats you will see that there is a stat for precision.  The starter clubs have very low percision stat.  That means that even if you hit the club perfect every time there could be some randomness to each shot.  It also means that even if you hit a bad shot that you could have good results.  The better clubs that will be available later in the game will have better percision stats, however, they wil most likely have faster swing meters and be tougher to hit consistantly.

RSS