Forums

Help › Forums

What Tiger Should Have Said

Tue, Apr 27 2010 9:09 AM (132 replies)
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 8:47 AM

YankeeJim:
    I think it's the parents' responsibility to explain it and TW's responsibility to live up to his newfound revelations. How much more do you want from the guy?

Some of you may remember the question my son asked me when Eldrick's world blew up... it was a lively debate (that I really don't want to search for and link).

My son has looked up to him as a golfer.  I sat with him yesterday and we watched the Presser from Augusta and we had a little chat.  We have come to the unanimous conclusion that he is human, he has flaws, he made some mistakes, he owned up to them, he has apologized to the people to whom he `needed` to apologize, he's trying to get his family life back together, and that he seems to us to be absolutely genuine in all these things.

Other than that, the only thing he owes us is some more "WOW! Did you see THAT!!?!" shots on the golf course.  Yes, we will be watching for those this weekend.

I guess I'm lucky.  My kids don't consider professional athletes to be role models.  Sure, they're good at their sport, but that doesn't necessarily make them good people.

• AlexisStarfire
    78 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 5:00 PM

Tiger's lady should find herself a good woman, as nature knows the male can't keep it in their pants...never can, never will..

--

• Fonzi
    17 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 6:50 PM

AlexisStarfire:

Tiger's lady should find herself a good woman, as nature knows the male can't keep it in their pants...never can, never will..

--

thats like someone saying you should be in the kitchen and barefoot isnt it?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 6:58 PM

Fonzi:

This is just a guess, but with a woman like you around, I think they have a chance of keeping it in their pants.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 9:12 PM

SweetiePie:

Fonzi:

This is just a guess, but with a woman like you around, I think they have a chance of keeping it in their pants.

Zing!

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 10:11 AM

AlexisStarfire:

--

This is true in Tiger's case,he is only one man.What I find amazing is that he was able to find 15 to 17 different women that felt the same way he did.

Your statement implies that all men,by nature,cheat.The example you have  chosen to present this argument, in my opinion, has had the reverse effect.It shows one man is willing to cheat while at the same time gives reference to the fact that 15 to 17 women are willing to cheat.

Tiger--0             Women--   -15 to -17

Keep Swinging...

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 11:45 AM

rehill:
    SweetiePie:
    Fonzi:
    Zing!
    Well, unless the Fonz is a post-op from Trinidad, Colorado, I do believe she zinged the wrong individual ;)

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 1:08 PM

BOFFMEN:
    ...this thread has more deviations than a trannie reunion at the local minature golf course...
    lol indeed.  I thought it would die a natural death but ce la vie.

Thank you for your response before.  While I appreciate the response perhaps I could have done without the copy and paste history lesson.  Beggars can't be choosers though so I'll take what I can get. :)  

I certainly agree with you that Tiger is the best golfer in the world and has been for quite some time.  There's no disputing that and PEDs have nothing to do with his god-given ability, tremendous work ethic, or mental capacity to perform under pressure.

HGH or PEDs in general probably wouldn't make Tiger a better golfer per say, what it would do is make him a better athlete that is playing golf, particularly as he gets older and his body begins to break down more often and/or is recovering from injury.  While still amazing, Tiger isn't the same golfer he used to be.  He's lost 10-20 yards off the tee and has had multiple injuries and surgeries.   

So to think that if he did use HGH, it wouldn't somehow give him an advantage over other golfers to stay both healthier and stronger throughout a round, a tournament or the entire season including practice sessions, is being naive.  There's a reason why athletes use PEDs, they work.

His links to the shady doctor are from last year so if he took an unfair advantage to recover and excel after knee surgery, then he possibly competed all of last year under false pretenses.  With the evidence at hand, one would derive that there's at least a chance he used something and if he did and no longer does than maybe he'll break down a little easier as this season progresses.   Many a great golf careers have been derailed prematurely due to injury.

The PGA would never shoot their cash cow, that would be committing organizational suicide.  If the truth regarding the house calls is to be uncovered, it will have to be by the Feds.  While they would not have direct interest in Tiger, the case against Dr Galea would lead to investigating his involvement with Tiger.  So if there is evidence from Dr. Galea that implicates Tiger took HGH, I would think it would come out rather than be suppressed by the deep pockets of corporate interest.

Tiger denied taking anything yesterday at the presser.  I'd like to believe him but should I?  His word isn't exactly gold lately.  There are still other questions that could be answered in regards to the topic.  I do think that if there is evidence to that end then the Feds will find it and I'm sure it will be leaked at some point by somebody from a legal firm.

While I'll wait to pass judgement until their investigation is done, the possible outcome seems interesting.  Golf isn't a "if you ain't cheatin you’re not trying" type of sport.  The chief group of people who've mostly had his back might feel a touch betrayed.   Cheating on your wife is one thing, cheating on the course is another.   The latter is probably more sacred to people around the clubhouse.  The drama and attention would be entertaining to watch unfold.

YankeeJim:
    @Oak-How do you think Tiger's layoff will affect his game, setting the diversions aside? Any idea what to expect?
    While seemingly robotic at times and somewhat socially awkward, he is a champions' champion on the course and it just might be the only place he truly feels at home.  He'll self-admittingly be a little anxious, but should be just fine once he gets into the groove.

Michael Breed from TGC showed how he has shortened his swing since the last time we saw him.  He likes this because he thinks there will be less rotation in the clubface.

I think the question mark with Tiger is how will he physically hold up and will he be able to harness better distance control at the majors where the rough is longer.  He's lost a little distance from a few years ago so he really needs to hit those fairways and greens.  When he does he usually wins.  

Then again what do I know, I'm just ignorant, crazy, and high off my ass.

• AlexisStarfire
    78 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 5:38 PM

rehill:

SweetiePie:

Fonzi:

Zing!

Considering I'm openly lesbia_n (and dan proud of it. as stated many time in these forums).. that is fine with me.. men have nothing I want. So cast all the useless 'Zing's you want..cause that one made you look like a total fool

Cheers

RSS