Forums

Help › Forums

April MPI - Jarid wins!

Wed, May 20 2009 4:52 PM (148 replies)
  • newzeeland
    21 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2009 5:06 PM

Hi Niviac,

signed up as hack,  promoted to amateur before playing the qualification. What's to do?

• illinifan4ever
    10 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2009 7:10 PM

what happens if you advance from Hacker to Amateur after already qualifying ?

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2009 8:11 PM

From Page one of Nivs post!!

"What happens if I'm in the Hack tier when I qualify but, I'm promoted to the Amateur tier before the tournament starts?" 

If this happens to you then you must notify me immediately!  You cannot be invited to the Amateur tournament if you qualified as a Hack.  You will be required to re-qualify from the appropriate tees.  It will either consist of a one-time stroke play round with me or I will ask you to enter a specific weekly stroke play event and that score will be used instead. 

"What if I'm promoted after the match play portion of the tournament has already started?"

You're stuck.  There's nothing I can do.  You'll have to play your matches from the Amateur tees and consider yourself unlucky.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2009 5:01 PM

Ok, I've instituted some changes to the tournament effective immediately.

Hacks:

Bad news.  Due to the complete deflation of the hack field (we've lost about half of those who originally registered to the Amateur tier) I've changed the runner-up prize to a sleeve of balls instead of a shirt.  The first place prize remains the same.  There will only be 8 people who will qualify out of the mere 17 total that still remain. That probably won't change anymore as anything less than 8 people isn't a tournament.

Amateurs:

Good news. I've dropped the cut line to 36th place.  This will accommodate a short 9-hole play-in round as the opening round of the match play portion of the tournament.  This opens up 4 more spots in the final field for those looking to sneak in over the red line.

Also, I have ADDED a third place prize due to the increased number of folks participating.  This is the feature tournament and deserved a 3rd place prize.  There will be a 3rd place consolation match only in this tier.

No more in-thread leaderboards.  That became too much of a PITA to maintain.  Use the link to the spreadsheet on the first page.

That is all.  Thank you for understanding and bearing with me while we all adjust to the changes here on WGT.  Keep those qualifying scores coming in!!

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2009 12:00 PM

Mathematically calculated, if the 33 players that are still waiting to play their qualifying round follow the same "pattern" that has been taking place up to now, the cut would be -2, with the best of the one unders also going through.

This won't be exact, because we could have an explosion of good or bad play, and these 33 players could all shoot five unders or three overs, but this gives us quite an accurate idea of what score we need.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2009 4:08 AM

-3 (33) for me.

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2009 6:29 AM

Hi Nivlac,

I thought I had enetered the tournament already I hit a 34 in the March tourn as an amatuer and I replied about a week a ago but cannot see my name on the leaderboard. What is meant by registered? And am I?

Thank you for arranging this and the time it must take

TallAcePaul

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2009 9:45 AM

Thanks Seve.

Paul: In order for me to be able to count your score you had to register using the signup link that was on the first page before qualifying started. If you missed the signups, then you would've needed you to talk to me before playing your round to so I could've squeezed ya in officially.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2009 10:03 AM

Alright, leaderboards are updated as of this writing.  If your name is in the green, you have a clinched a spot in the final field!  Your final positions aren't set yet, but you can breathe easy knowing that you've made it through qualifying.

Congrats so far to:

Ryan.Anderson, JBito, DanManCan, marioh, claremoreblue, badaboom and TXBowhunter!!

Keep those scores coming!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2009 5:13 PM

Fixed qualifying leaderboard link.  Those without google accounts were having trouble viewing the leaderboard.  Everything should now be viewable by everyone.

Thanks to Jarid for pointing this out.

RSS