Wed, May 20 2009 4:52 PM (148 replies)
  • Jarid
    31 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2009 9:27 PM

-1 35 

• Abak
    62 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2009 3:04 AM

-2 at 34 and already disqualified as I'm ranked 38!! To be qualified you need at least to score -3.....

Hi Nivlac, great job done....

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2009 6:42 AM

No, -2 will get you 38th on the WGT leaderboard, but on our leaderboard -2 is still in the running.

However, Abak, unfortunately you weren't signed up for the tournament so I can't count your score.  I'm sorry :(

• Abak
    62 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2009 7:07 AM

No pb calvin! It's always fun to play here whether in competition or not. And I'm not as regular as before....I hope you'll be playing this time

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2009 10:56 AM

I've had a few people asking about how ties will work in regards to the cut line.   Just so we have everyone on the same page, here's some clarification on how this will work:

The WGT has a built-in tiebreaker on all of their leaderboards.  Tie-breakers are immediately applied once you've finished your round.  So, if you're looking at someone who has the same score as you but has been listed above you, then that means they own the tiebreaker over you.  That person is ahead of you and will make the cut before you do.

It is extremely likely that the cut line will fall either on -2 or -3 based on the results so far.  There will be folks with -2 or -3 who make it and there will also be folks with -2 or -3 who don't.  I'm keeping a close eye out for exact ties (same scorecard) and will deal with it as necessary.

Below is an excerpt from the WGT FAQ that explains how tie-breakers are decided:

In the event of a tie, the better scoring entrant between or among the tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final six (6) holes of the Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest combined score for the final three (3) holes for such Game. If any ties remain, the better scoring entrant between or among the remaining tied entrants will be the entrant with the lowest score for the 9th hole in such Game, and any remaining ties will be determined by identifying the lowest scoring entrant for each individual game hole, in sequence from 8th through to 1st, as is necessary to determine a winner and, if any ties remain at that point, the earlier-submitted entry between or among the tied entries will be deemed the better scoring entry.

• jr6721
    5 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2009 11:52 AM

-2 34

• Duffer1301
    14 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2009 10:15 PM

OK, I guess I screwed up and made amateur, what about a game with U to re-qualify?

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2009 4:59 AM

Hi nivlac,

Just to let you know i've finished my round with a scoreof  33 (-3). Hope that will be good enough to qualify for the tournament. Thanks for organising this tournament, look forward to it. thanks

Coolswing

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2009 9:46 AM

Love to play if I make it, TallAcePaul -2 34.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Mar 14 2009 10:20 AM

I'm sorry Paul, I can't count your score this time around.  You needed to be signed up before March 1st unfortunately. :(

RSS