Forums

Help › Forums

April MPI - Jarid wins!

Wed, May 20 2009 4:52 PM (148 replies)
  • TitleistPro
    94 Posts
    Mon, Feb 23 2009 12:03 PM

I would like to offer my 2 cents and say that you should play also.  You have done a ton on here and helped a lot of us.

I think that warrants you enjoying the competition ( albeit short for you) 

God Bless all, 

TP

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2009 2:42 PM

Only 3 days remaining to sign up for the April Qualifier!!   If you know anyone that would like to play in this tournament, now would be a great time to tell 'em! :D

- Qualifying begins as soon as the WGT releases the March International Open.  That's typically 4AM EST on the morning of March 1st.

- March is 31 days long! There is no need to rush into and through the qualifier.  It's (probably) only 9 holes and there's no prize for being the first player finished.  Wait for your best day and then rip it up!

- Don't launch straight from a practice round into the qualifier.  Refresh your browser first to ensure best performance.

- Swing meter lag?  Try playing after midnight EST.  You'd be surprised.

Want to play?  Just read the rules on the first page and hit the signup link at the bottom of the first post!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2009 3:10 PM

OP Updated

Please note that Hack Tier qualification requirements have changed due to the underwhelming number of Hack signups which currently stands at 15.  It's not a qualifier if everyone qualifies, so the reason for the change is pretty clear.  The top 50% of Hack Tier qualifiers will be invited to the April event instead of the originally proposed top 32.  Should the number remain at 15, the top 8 scores (7.5 rounded up) would get the invite.

There is no change to the Amateur Tier qualifying requirements.

• buckeyes4life
    12 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2009 6:12 PM

If i qualify is there a certain time that i will have to play someone or how does that work?

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2009 6:17 PM

Time frames for the first round of match play will be posted, and will probably be a 7 day or so time frame.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Feb 25 2009 6:48 PM

The start date for the match play portion is really dependant upon how long it takes everyone to qualify.  If everyone's got a score in by the 20th then we can start things a little early and everyone gets more time per match.

Everyone also gets a post on their wall notifying them of their first round opponent as well as the date and time the results are due.  Wall posts usually go straight to your email (the one you registered with WGT) so you get the info pretty quickly.

• eleigh
    2 Posts
    Fri, Feb 27 2009 4:31 PM

First timer in the tourney. How  do we find out who we play and when we play?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Feb 27 2009 4:41 PM

nivlac:
    Everyone also gets a post on their wall notifying them of their first round opponent as well as the date and time the results are due.  Wall posts usually go straight to your email (the one you registered with WGT) so you get the info pretty quickly.

You qualify for the April tournament by playing in the March International Open.  Qualifiers will be notified via their walls.

Signups are now over!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Feb 28 2009 10:31 PM

OP has been updated.  Qualifying may begin as soon as the WGT releases the March International Open for play.  That should be in another few hours but, don't quote me on that. :)

Oh and as a personal favor, I'd very much appreciate it if you'd let me know when you've completed your round.  Either in this thread or on my wall.  Otherwise I'm just sorting through the tournament results looking for names one by one.  Thanks! :)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2009 8:31 AM

Just a heads up so everyone is aware of what's going on.

It looks like they are postponing the release of March's tournaments to coincide with the new game play release which makes sense.  You can't have half the folks playing tournaments with one set of variables and the other playing with a different set.

Sit tight  & stay tuned!

RSS