Forums

Help › Forums

Whistler

Fri, Nov 20 2020 2:36 PM (186 replies)
  • xtabent
    2,281 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 4:43 AM

There may be a bug on one of the holes on the front nine..Hit tee shot into the rough, clearly way in bounds but said out ..Have seen a screen shot of another player where they were further left than i was..Time will tell..

The greens are very slick in championship....Nice change

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 5:06 AM

Sweet course addition WGT! Very refreshing to see all the positive comments, as opposed to the shite storm that followed Cabo's release.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 5:22 AM

sixkiller:

Sweet course addition WGT! Very refreshing to see all the positive comments, as opposed to the shite storm that followed Cabo's release.

Just played the front 9.....a 31 with a bogey & and eagle. Seems a pretty decent addition indeed.

Maybe after I've woken up this morning I'll have another few goes at it.

tbe

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 5:30 AM

scored a 62 for the single play tourney on first round, but that was after missing 2 birdies as well due to using chip view and then forgetting to change back to 25 foot scale on putter and a bogey due to meter pause, and whilst using the rented G20's to see how they play.  (the 10 yards they loose are crucial to keep R11's ahead)

I dont think there's a single Flat hole at whistling, its a bit like wolf creek but without the desert. It makes me feel as if i'm playing my local course here in the mountains of Wales.    You get the sense of elevation on every hole and drop on the small par #3 10th is very good.  Nice course WGT MUCH BETTER THAN CABO.  And the fairways are nice & narrow in places.

Championship greens here are brutal on some holes, just like cabo 18th.  And although some holes seem short, the elevation & putting slopes make them just as tough. Example: I had 9 foot putt on #4 with 5ins downslope, #5 I had 5 foot putt with 3 ins downslope and #6 6 foot putt 3 ins downslope.  The greens are just as bad as cabo though on 1 or 2 holes, but over all Chateau Whistling is better!

Just noticed whistling ready go as well, so will give that a go, but with R11's this time!

LOVELY COURSE TO PLAY WGT- NICE EDITION!  The most fun course yet!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 5:55 AM

xtabent:

There may be a bug on one of the holes on the front nine..Hit tee shot into the rough, clearly way in bounds but said out ..Have seen a screen shot of another player where they were further left than i was..Time will tell..

The greens are very slick in championship....Nice change

Hi

if you have something like that try to submit a bug report, take screenshots and perhaps a replay if possible.

-wgticon

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 5:57 AM

Great course, love the scenery, and the championship greens are a delight.!!

Big Thank you WGT :))

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 6:19 AM

Looks much better than Cabo.

This is a course where your putts need to be dead weight though. I had so many putts just trickling past the hole that ended up 12 feet away, so pay attention to the line after the hole as well as before it.

Will still only play it in Ready Gos though as I am against green fees

• dfDurbs
    1,061 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 7:19 AM

seanobrien:
    I am against green fees

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 7:50 AM

It's alright for people who play golf and that, but I could't leave the first tee.

I submitted a screen shot to myself because the view was so lovely. I'm still there now, think I will wait for evening and see what the the moon looks like, bet its gorgeous.

Grats to Wgt because a thing of beauty is an inspiration to all, just if you could make it a bit uglier, I might get around to taking a Tee shot. Oh! did anyone see those Rhododendrons? ahhhh sigh.

Lizzie xx

RSS