Forums

Help › Forums

Whistler

Fri, Nov 20 2020 2:36 PM (186 replies)
  • CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 9:42 PM

Finished the RG again... hit all 18 greens and made 3 amazing putts (40 foot eagle on #9, and 2 30 foot birdies on 4 and 10), and made nothing else outside 5 feet.  Missed 6 birdies between 6-10 feet and finished -8... ugh.. these greens will try your patience.. 

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2012 12:34 AM

mantis0014:
    The greens on Whistler are way too tough to have fun on.

Just my two cents worth.  I think by playing Whistler and having fun on the greens will make you a better putter for sure in the long term.  Also, Whistler is not about utilizing course management.  I spend a lot of time using the flop on the holes for the approach shots.  Whistler, definitely makes you think where you want the ball to land both on the fairway and on the green.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2012 2:08 AM

Infinito3010:

I think by playing Whistler and having fun on the greens will make you a better putter for sure in the long term.  

I agree. I love the challenge of some of the putts you face round this course. This one below was the putt from hell but I made a good guess on the break and fortunately the pace was perfect.

• stewartking
    13 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2012 2:54 PM

Got into the rough on the third hole, and the video would not show me my lie. I tried everything I could think of but it would only show me the hole and not where I was. Every which way I tried to shoot I went five or six yards and out of bounds, costing me an expensive ball. I lost a whole sleeve of brand-new balls. In RL, if they'd gone six yards I would certainly have been able to find them again, but anyway...

I feel ripped off.

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Fri, Mar 30 2012 9:24 PM

The WORST putt I've ever seen (and I've had it the last 2 rounds) is pin-high right from 4-6 feet on the 4th hole.  I landed my approach behind the hole and it rolled back inside 4 feet pin high right.  It looks like I'm right in a trough.. so if you hit it right it came back to the hole, and if you aimed left it would do the same.  Can't miss, right??   I aimed at the hole, and the putt went a FOOT to the right of the hole.. from 3 1/2 feet!!  There is no way in hell that should have happened..  and the 3 1/2 footer coming back also didn't scare the hole.. what a joke..  I sent an 'error log' to the commissioner's office, where I'm sure it will remain... 

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 8:37 AM

CMcCartney727:

The WORST putt I've ever seen (and I've had it the last 2 rounds) is pin-high right from 4-6 feet on the 4th hole.  I landed my approach behind the hole and it rolled back inside 4 feet pin high right.  It looks like I'm right in a trough.. so if you hit it right it came back to the hole, and if you aimed left it would do the same.  Can't miss, right??   I aimed at the hole, and the putt went a FOOT to the right of the hole.. from 3 1/2 feet!!  There is no way in hell that should have happened..  and the 3 1/2 footer coming back also didn't scare the hole.. what a joke..  I sent an 'error log' to the commissioner's office, where I'm sure it will remain... 

If you would have looked at that putt through chip view it shows the true break, so ignore the valley you see in putter view and go with the break in chip view.  (which we shouldn't have to do!)

Any way, i thought this course was o.k, but the more i play it THE WORSE IT GETS, the greens get more and more pathetic the more times i play, i've had it when chip view and putter view show a steep break, you aim but ball goes straight, and its not a rare occurance.  The greens get more pathetic the more you land in different places.  Greens tough? their only tough because they're SO INACCURATE!

As i said earlier, the only way to score well is if you're approaches land in a certain area of green, any where else and putts are all  guess work and a lottery if they follow whats actually advertised by the dots!

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 9:33 AM

chrisironsbones:

If you would have looked at that putt through chip view it shows the true break, so ignore the valley you see in putter view and go with the break in chip view.  (which we shouldn't have to do!)

I've been doing that on putts that I can't see the break on, and I'm almost positive I did it on that one.. I can't say for sure though..  because it was so friggin SHORT I may not have thought to.  I remember looking at that putt for a long time though, because the break was so all over the place!

I do seem to have the same putts on the same holes frequently.  Whether it's luck, or consistency, or the way the greens break, I'm not sure.

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 7:07 PM

CMcCartney727:

The WORST putt I've ever seen (and I've had it the last 2 rounds) is pin-high right from 4-6 feet on the 4th hole.    I aimed at the hole, and the putt went a FOOT to the right of the hole.. from 3 1/2 feet!!  There is no way in hell that should have happened..  and the 3 1/2 footer coming back also didn't scare the hole.. what a joke..  

I am now oh-for-3 on putts inside FOUR FUKKKING FEET on this piece of sh!t green...  none of which came within the same zip code as the hole..  even the 'chip' view showed the putt going right, and, you're not gonna believe this.. the putt went left.. who knew..   WGT, WAKEY WAKEY!!!!! FIX THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE!!!  THANK YOU!!!!

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 7:29 PM

After  3-putting AGAIN from 3 1/2 feet  I am a WD.. I'm done with this piece of crap course.. WGT took away the Cabo RG's this week to add more of them for this cow pasture, so I'm running out of courses to play.. There's an RG with championship greens???  I'd have to remove all sharp objects from my house before I would play that.. lol.. 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Apr 3 2012 1:17 AM

CMcCartney727:

After  3-putting AGAIN from 3 1/2 feet  I am a WD.. I'm done with this piece of crap course.. WGT took away the Cabo RG's this week to add more of them for this cow pasture, so I'm running out of courses to play.. There's an RG with championship greens???  I'd have to remove all sharp objects from my house before I would play that.. lol.. 

I was in the same spot yesterday (4th). There is no way of telling what the line is from that distance whether it's Normal, Reverse of Chip View.

So I noticed something... In normal view there was 2 fast moving dots in front on my putter... I hit my putt according to those dots and went straight in.

-Roger

RSS