Forums

Help › Forums

Whistler

Fri, Nov 20 2020 2:36 PM (186 replies)
  • Kriztjan
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 10:51 AM

Redo and do it right, greens are a joke.

Last couple o rounds i havent got passed the 5th hole, just get fed up with it and WD.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 10:58 AM

After playing regularly on it for a few weeks now i think tee to green its a great course but when it comes to the greens & putting i honestly believe someone's made a big mistake. Actually i think someone may have even been fired for the *** up they made with the fake breaks. Not just on 1 green but pretty much all of them. I agree it's good to have a hard course but when the dots show a foot of break and it goes dead straight and vice versa it's a bit of a joke.

• bblackh1
    159 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 7:30 PM

The real Whistler scorecard is still on page 11 of these posts.

FYI

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 9:36 PM

At first I hated this course with all the extreme greens.. then I became determined to beat it..  Had a few good scores, but the last few times I'm back to hating it.  As others have confirmed, there are too many bad reads on short putts.. Unless you take diligent notes (I never have), it's tough to remember which putts break the way the dots show and which ones don't.  I feel like I've had the same makeable putts on a lot of the holes (particularly the front 9), but they seem to burn the edges no matter what.   I have judged the speed well, so I rarely 3-putt, but figuring out the line is pure guesswork at this point.   WGT, you failed on this one..  once the newness wears off, people won't play it anymore.

I'd much rather play a course where the approach shots are tough to judge, rather than a course I'm hitting 9 irons and wedges into the greens and guessing on putts inside 10 feet every time...

• giraffedog
    144 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 10:09 PM

Says to your character more than the course..............don't start what you aren't prepared to finish...as is 90% of life...

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Tue, Mar 27 2012 11:16 PM

giraffedog:

Says to your character more than the course..............don't start what you aren't prepared to finish...as is 90% of life...

Who are you directing this at?  

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Mar 28 2012 12:17 AM

I prefer Cabo than Whistler know.  The greens on Whistler are way too tough to have fun on. I think people are going to stop playing it just for that reason.

Greens on other courses are starting to do strange things too, since Whistler has come on the scene.  I'm starting to misread putts bad lately, so I thought...lol

Edit...   I thought I was misreading em, I don't think I was or am misreading the Putts on all courses. Just saying.

-Roger

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 8:32 PM

Just curious to know whether Whistler is more bandwidth intensive than the other courses? I ask this because it is taking at least a minute to load  each shot, but when i go to play the other courses it takes just seconds.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 8:39 PM

manabouttown11:

Just curious to know whether Whistler is more bandwidth intensive than the other courses? I ask this because it is taking at least a minute to load  each shot, but when i go to play the other courses it takes just seconds.

Likely due to having nearly all camera angles on the other courses already saved in your cache.  If you have played whistler few times (or never) it has to download all of the photos as you're playing for every new location you go to on the course.

• manabouttown11
    573 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 8:43 PM

BolloxInBruges:

manabouttown11:

Likely due to having nearly all camera angles on the other courses already saved in your cache.  If you have played whistler few times (or never) it has to download all of the photos as you're playing for every new location you go to on the course.

Ok cool thanks mate. I do clear my cache regularly so it may take a few rounds to get them all loaded. Not that i play it much :-).

RSS